Best/worst deals you ever got

Best: Toraiz AS1 for 250€

Worst…being early adopter: Digitone Keys for 1299€ (regular price is now 999)

I guess both deals together even each other out. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

2 Likes

New Monomachine MK2+ for $800 will probably forever be the best deal I ever got

5 Likes

Best deal:

I bought an Octatrack MK2 at a local pre-COVID guitar center for $950. It was the only one that they had in stock and it sat on a storage shelf in their synth room (unbeknownst to most of the staff) for two months before I made the decision to buy it.

Worst deal:

A used Blooper pedal for $580, which really isn’t that bad of a deal considering the fact that it has a one-of-a-kind acid finish.

Best deal: Bought my first synth, a Roland Jupiter 6 in 1998 for $700.
Worst deal: Sold it in 2008 for $1000.

Biggest mistake. I still regret it and scream into my pillow every night thinking about it!

1 Like

Traded a mint DT for a mint MDUW back when the MD just sold out.

Taking care of that beauty ever since

Edit:
Worst deal, sold my boxed md non uw at the time for 700 euros:((

Should have kept both. Used the non uw until it died.

I guess my best deal was a Roland R-8 with 6 ROM cards and a RAM card for 110€.
No, the Dance and Electronic cards were not among them but still a steal.

Worst deal was selling a Juno 106 for 450€.
Okay, 2 voices were broke and when I bought it 20 years earlier I paid only 400 DM (= 200€) for it but still …

A friend bought an SH-101 for £10 from a builder who was clearing out a college building a few years ago. Saw it against the wall, casually asked how much for the ‘keyboard’, builder said ‘tenner?’, friend acted cool, said he’s just nip to the ATM, strolled round the corner out of sight and ran the fastest he’s ever ran to the bank. Jammy bastard!

4 Likes

Noooo! That wins haha

Ah yeah, I got an MD UW Mk 2 in perfect condition with some warranty left for £650 before prices blew up…

1 Like

I got a MD (non UW) for $800 in 2021, Id say thats not too bad

1 Like