BeSt sYnTH To PAir WiTh DIgitakt2?

I think DT is expressive enough for almost all type of sounds. But may be lacking some analog bass and of course complex synth sounds & pads. So I think any wavetable desktop would make sense like Blofeld, Hydra, Modal. Or rompler, but not these legacy ones without controls. I tried Roland JV-1010, it was fun, but very limited.
Or some analog mono. I like the bass capabilities on Digi, but real synth bass or lead is better than a sample.

Blofeld if you want the multitimbrality.
If you are okay without it, I like the Modal Skulpt. Cheap plastic I know, but it does sound great to my ears. I got mine for 120e recently.

There’s the low-budget Buzzzy from Fred’s Lab.

If you’re mainly into warm analog sounds, a used Behringer Deepmind could be worth looking into. Especially the 12D is really nice. It’s not super complex compared to a Hydrasynth for example but it has character. These patches basically sold me on the Deepmind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKMKuaRbcno

Still sold it in the end because everything is getting boring sooner or later :smiley:

1 Like

Tonverk

3 Likes

Maybe Zynthian ? :slight_smile:

I’m using Roland Sh-4d. 4 synth polyphonic synth parts and percussion sounds to sequence and manipulate with DT2 midi tracks.
edit: after the recent price drop I got a mint one used for $399.

1 Like

I think my setup will be something like:
audio from digitone (i will use it as module, and not it’s sequencer) out goes into digitakt in and use the inputs from the digitone to get 2 signals from eurorack system (that has mic and instrument ins, and stuff between…).

when im on the road i will use digitakt and a field recorder with line outs.

My favorites are Hydrasynth, Micromonsta 2, Typhon, Lemondrop…
Interested in Minifreak too.

1 Like

Mine just arrived this afternoon and I’ve been having a lot of fun sampling my Xaoc Odessa and BIA. Additives forever.