Best synth to pair with Digitakt? If you only had one

I think an 0-coast is next on my list

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking the same thing.

I sure with I still had my FSXS in the meantime though.

behringer analog 101 would be an instabuy from me

1 Like

Have you seen the teaser images for the MS-101? Could be photoshopped, but damn I hope not.

yeah, seems like it was behringer themselves who teased it, so potentially real? Theyā€™ve teased a lot of remakes recently so who knows.

With their moog clone around the corner, and all the preorders itā€™s getting I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they just starting making lots of clones all the time now. Either way if it is real Iā€™m sure itā€™s at least a year away from a release.

Looking for a tabletop companion. My ideal would be a Nord A1r or a prophet rev2 desktop but I really want something like those with audio inputs so I can use internal effects and ditch my pedals. Is the Virus my only option?

You use digital FX pedals? Why not just get a free FX app on your phone or laptop and a cheap phone interface like an IRig 2 or something?

Want to simplify. My idea is to have a synth paired with my DT but also be able to run sounds out of the DT and into the synths FX processor and resample.

Sp404 is really great for that, nice selection of FX

Yes but the SP is not a synth :frowning: Looking for a desktop analog or VA that has a multi fx and a UI on par with the Nord or Prophet. I havenā€™t used a Virus but it looks like it might be my only choice with those requirements.

1 Like

Make Noise shared system if you got the $$

1 Like

Korg Radias-R?

2 Likes

I went the Digitakt + Eurorack route (one case :slight_smile: ).
It can be clean (until you start patching) and great sounding combo.

The fact that you can process DT through analog stuff and record it back makes it even more interesting.

3 Likes

HAHA well if you got money Cwejman S1 MKII

1 Like

Yeah a custom modular is definitely the BEST way to mono if you can afford it. Iā€™ve been afraid to take the leap since youā€™re looking at what? $2000 just for a case and a few oscillators, filter and EV generator?

It is worth the trouble, pulling the trigger and buying your first oscillator $500 oscillator is definitely scary at first. Then you wake up on a Sunday morning and you have a 6U 108hp case self oscillating making your whole house rattle like UFOs just landed in your living room and you will wonder why you chose to invest in it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eurorack can be expensive but so are standalone synths, drum machines etc.
Synth voice like Mother 32 / modified 0-coast can be a good, not too expensive start for example.
The problem comes with the empty space which just looks ā€œunestheticā€. :eyes:

Cheap Doepfer case can look really good when you put more work into it.
Oiling/staining, attaching custom handle and in the end filling it with modules creates really unique piece. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m really close to getting an 0-coast, I love the sounds it makes, but I havnā€™t heard really good examples of it doing techno/acid yet.

DT and Heat arrived today - canā€™t wait to run the MnM through the heat to warm it up, then sample into the DT. DT works well with the Waldorf Microwave XT.

2 Likes