Best synth for dub chords (dub techno)

can we get that preset off you that nice sounding one

@dreamspy nope, unfortunatly didnā€™t backed up those projects.
@monstergetdown Not sure which sound you refering to but
letā€™s share a tiny dubtechno soundpack to my fellow Elektronauts to keep you busy! Some are used to create earlier pattern examples. But keep in mind these are just the pencils, the creativity is up to you. Some benefit unison, some proper delay and filtersettings and donā€™t forget to experiment to use more tracks with the same sounds/chords to simulate pseudo ā€˜dubbingā€™. use microtiming. different lfo parameters, filter settings etc. You can experiment with enclosed pads too but decrease the attack parameters.
CLASSICS.dnsnd (605 Bytes) CRUNCHYHAT.dnsnd (612 Bytes) DUBSTAB1.dnsnd (608 Bytes) DUBSTAB2.dnsnd (612 Bytes) EARTHSUBBASS.dnsnd (604 Bytes) FUNERALIKE.dnsnd (645 Bytes) KICKMUFFLED.dnsnd (597 Bytes) POLYANNAPAD+.dnsnd (669 Bytes) SAW 4 CHORDS.dnsnd (646 Bytes) STABME.dnsnd (592 Bytes) TYPHONPAD.dnsnd (669 Bytes)

Share some patterns here if you used them. Me like

12 Likes

does anyone have a copy of this? would be down to make a solid donation to the detroit techno foundation in exchange for some zips.

https://www.detroittechno.org

1 Like

Iā€™ve searched, and searched, and searched myself. Iā€™ve come to the conclusion thereā€™s only two ways to get this.

1. Find someone who has it is and is kind enough to give you a copy.

2. Youā€™re willing to pay an exorbitant amount of money on the 2nd hand market for the vinyl and CD combo.

I think thatā€™s the reality of the situation. Iā€™d love an alternative where I could in good consciousness buy or donate to get a copy where Mikeā€™s family would get the proceeds, but I donā€™t see any where or any way that exists. The 2nd hand market is just going to make a collector a good chunk of money. Thatā€™s like anything else and it is what it is. I really shouldnā€™t be mad about just because itā€™s something I want and not willing to pay the asking price for it (collectable or not).

Iā€™d love to get a copy myself if there was a reasonable way.

1 Like

maybe we could try to pool some funds for a copy, say $10 a person, and use whatever is leftover to donate to his family. iā€™m sure we could get more than enough people to pitch in. could be a cool way to get more folks into his work and contributions to music. and iā€™m not opposed to dropping the $120 for vol. 1 and raising funds for a good cause

It looks like you should be able to download the pack (Mp3/aif) here:

Just canā€™t tell if my iphone browser is blocking download button or itā€™s a feature that becomes available as a member. Starting from ā‚¬30,- for 6 months. You get a lot of more goodies for that money. Iā€™ve bookmarked lt to investigate further because it seems to have a lot of interesting content besides this samplepack link.

1 Like

It doest not sound even close to the Basic Channel dub chord

I have listened all the examples and The best sounding dub chords are the A4 Mk2, the Octatrack and the Nord Rack 3

What is the neighbor into track 6 doing on the OT doing?

It looks more like the files were lost after a site rebuild.
The internet archive has it backed up though: Groove: Feature - DOWNLOAD Exclusive Mike Huckaby Sample Kit (archive.org)

1 Like

Thank you, but thatā€™s a small free sample pack he gave away (about 16 samples). The CD-R weā€™re speaking of came as a bonus to one of his 12ā€ releases. It was limited to a few hundred copies. The disc has around 200 samples I believe.

2 Likes

Additional delay (different timing), with its own LFOs to filters and delay parameters (feedback), and such.

Also, that track got a vinyl release and you can hear it in its entirety here:

6 Likes

I find dub techno to be so boring: lack of energy, commonplace sound, rytmically oversimplified. I consider Dub techno as a techno music devoid of aggressive vitality.
Itā€™s probably such a widespread subgenre because itā€™s very easy to play, but I donā€™t think the world needs so much production of this music

CD is the same as vol. 1. Prices not too exorbitant.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to listen to more dub techno then :slight_smile:

Of course itā€™s not aggressiveā€¦ nothing dub should be, right? But definitely not boring.

2 Likes

BTW the sample pack comes with a small .txt saying if you give away the sounds there is a curse involved. Also stipulates that they must only be used to make dub techno. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah this is quite a can of worms. Highly suggest the dub techno recommendation thread or (I think there is a abstract/unique ref thread somewhere) to make sure youā€™re not missing something great. There are many artists currently expanding the genre!

Yikes!

I donā€™t mean to pile on here, so Iā€™ll just quickly add my two cents. Youā€™re free to listen to and enjoy whatever you want, but to pretend that ā€œtechnoā€ is any more complex or somehow valid than dub techno, is just ill informed.

Like any genre, there is a lot of generic dub techno that sounds very similar. If you spend the time to dig a little deeper, thereā€™s a lot of quality and interesting new ground to explore.

9 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone ever told this to Mark Stewart (for one) :upside_down_face:

1 Like

True.