Best stands to use with multiple elektron devices/small synths

I’ve noticed Ultimate Support has some decent modular type stands available, but wanted to know what all you guys out there are using for your setups to save space?

there’s lots of good ones out there, on eBay and Reverb, etc. and a few makers of them sell here as well. you can also just use a laptop stand. sort of depends on what you’re looking to accomplish…

me, I have a dual-Elektron bamboo stand made by JKD that looks like this:

I also have a 3D printed one made by “SynthPaws” which is made for Elektron gear but I use it with my Cwejman S1. it looks like this:

both of these are great looking, well-made, sturdy, and functionally perfect for what I wanted.

1 Like

Both look great…! Cheers

1 Like

I use the ultimate support stands, they are nice but kinda bulky.

Also this person makes a nice selection of stands for gear, elektron included.

https://kvgear.com/products

Anyone has one of these?

The stand has an adjustable mechanism to fix the synth(s) and can be expanded to a two tier stand.
Looks like a pretty neat solution.

i mostly use ikea laptop stands.
very cheap , work quite well.

i put a bit of insulation padding on them so that the plastic isnt rubbing on synths.
also adds a bit of friction to reduce them moving around… both on the base on the stand (so it doesnt move on the desk) and on the stand to stop box moving.

they work well and cost under £5 for stand and draft exclusion tape type stuff.

Ikea Bräda and Isberget. Also Adam Hall Laptop Stands work great.

I think im going to order afew of these actually…they look great, and stackable

1 Like

I’m thinking a bit of that tilted speaker foam might do the job for touring…light and can serve as protection in flight??

Yeah, looks really cool!
Tell me how you like the stand when you buy one.
I’ve been using simple wooden cheeks for my OT, but currently building a foldable wooden stand for OT + Shruthi and Micromonsta so I can just grab the whole thing and go play on the balcony.

I wanted to build a foldable wooden case thing for my OT for smt like a year or so, but only started recently to really go for it after I saw pictures of a similar case someone posted here in the forum^^

Can you repost that?
Want to build a case/stand for rytm/octa mk1.

Which btw is such a killer Combo, its just mindblowing. Most fun in years with this gear.

Here´s the post Click
Mine will look pretty much the same. Probaply finished on monday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just saw you linked my post - looking forward to seeing your one!! The Shruthi/micromonsta sound like a good combo with the OT!

I’m planning on releasing schematics for my box, maybe with some improvements, as a couple of people have asked since I posted it online. Super cool that you’re making one too.

1 Like

I’m using the Ultimate support for my DT and DN. Had to modify it some, but works great.

After tinkering around with cardboard models for a few days, I´ve decided to build a wooden two tier stand first. This way I can have the OT with wooden side cheeks and Shruthi and Micromonsta combined in a stand. Still portable enough for playing on the balcony or sitting on a chair in the backyard while having this thing on a small table.

A folding case would be too big if I wanted the OT in an 30° angle. I tried to find a solution which doesn´t require to take the side cheeks off, that didn´t turn out well, but even with an angled panel for the OT the case would be too big and probaply impractical.

So I think for now, I´ll just build the two tier stand :slight_smile:

Btw, did you post the schematics already?

I 3D-printed stands from models found at Thingiverse. Work just fine and were basically free, as we have a 3d printer at our library.

I’m pretty happy with this (got a stompbox stand as well as the Elektron one):