Best rytm foot controller ever!? MC6

Ooooh good idea!

1 Like

Hey @sjvl these are exactly the types of things I’m trying to do but a little lost in the editor and terminology so far, would you consider maybe sending me a few of your presets like this so I can see how you’re doing it?

UPDATE: Nevermind low and behold with some trial and error I got all this to work

So more advanced mute question, is it possible to mute/unmute more than one track at once with 1 button. I tried what I thought would make that work and it didn’t work. The other thing I’m thinking about is if you are switching between presets for different songs that say, one has all tracks on for the intro and the next one has only tracks 1, 2, 3, and 4 unmuted—Is there any easy way to make them start up with the desired muted/unmuted configuration, or is that something that scenes could maybe solve? As far as I can tell with scenes though you can’t program mutes, you can only control track volume, can anyone else confirm or deny that part? Or any other thoughts on anything here are welcome, thanks!

2 Likes

@sethanonninny great idea, I’m just learning my way around the editor here, what settings do you use for this and/or would you be willing to share your preset?

1 Like

Sam, I seem to only be able to make one pedal STOP and another one PLAY. Have you or anyone figured out the cc for PLAY/STOP to be on the same footswitch?

1 Like

@furlatron sending a screenshot of my preset for that, the positions 1 and 2 for the different presses are important

2 Likes

Heck yes must be possible!

In the editor it should work if you:

Msg1
action: press
Type: cc
Cc value: 94
Midi ch: 1
Pos: 1

Msg2
action: press
Type: cc
Then cc: 94
Midi ch: 2
Pos: 1

This should mute pads 1 and 2 (based default midi channel pad settings)

Im not with the mc6 at the moment.

Wow thank you. I’ll try this later on. I didn’t think of using two msgs

1 Like

I tried this and it does indeed MUTE but it does not UNMUTE.

I tried using a cc toggle and regular cc msg. Neither would bMUTE and UNMUTE.

I don’t have one of those squarish USB cables so I can ride the editor. Any chance you know what this would correlate to if I were to program this on the mc6 itself? I don’t see how to change “position” within the mc6

Here’s a screenshot of SCENE1 ON and SCENE1 OFF. It will be same just switch cc number to 94 (MUTE)