Best plugin distortion/saturation

So… it’s been a long time but I need some Distortion VST recommendations, nowadays I’m back at Ableton but this time in the Apple platform.

That means I got none of my fav VSTs (yep, really old Windows-only ones) so I’m struggling getting substitutes.

I used to brutalize things with Ohmicide and I really loved it!!! but it seems they do not support Apple M1.

Any suggestion?

Big big thanks.

Kelvin

Suggestion is to read through everything above…

I use Blackbox HG2s and Vertigo VSM3 which are very good… but already mentioned

READ???!!! Didn’t thought about that! Yeah, I read it but last post is two years old (sure nobody created nothing new and sure all of them work on M1…).

Anyway most of them do not convince me, I ask for a flexible gritty/harsh/hard/nasty/whatever distortion to truly destroy things, as multiband Ohmicide did.

That’s why I’m asking specifically.

A basic google search suggests Thermal, Trash 2, Punish…

I can still deeply recommend cytomic the drop for saturation. It’s a filter (a very good one), but tou can overdrive it. It’s really good

I own decapitator and a bunch of others. They are all good, but the drop hardly gets mentioned. Most people probably just use it as a filter. But it can do so much more

1 Like

Have an AMAZING passive-aggressive friday! :heart_eyes:
Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

Thermal seems nice but also discovered Rift, seems flexible enough with very nice features - multiband is introduced in their v2.0 yay!
If anyone have tried it, this is the thread! :slight_smile:

Just trying to encourage you to educate yourself / research / stop being lazy… and then asking for much more specific advice / experience where you can’t find the answer yourself, will be more useful.

Re. Rift, They do free lite versions, or money back guarantee if you don’t like the full version. So you can easily try it yourself.

Waves Berzerk is really fun. A lot of shapes to get different sounding saturation. typeswhich can be subtle and total madness.
EQ, stereo/ mono, input follower and a weird sound generator that I haven’t found any good use for yet :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

i’ve heard only good things about arturias dist plugins. i only know their reverbs which are excellent.

1 Like