Best Music of 2023

Thanks for Thme…bought it after one listen…

1 Like

is this a re-do of the older one he produced ?

Yep - a total re-do!

A revisit to the film, not to his older soundtrack - this is all fresh music

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

james holden- imagine this is a high dimensional space of all possibilities

1 Like

For me the best release, so deep. Atmo, sound design and Structure is just top.

I’m cheating a bit but I just recently discovered these two brothers and they absolutely belong in my favourite discoveries of 2023.

2 Likes

1 Like

I admit, this wasn’t first released in 2023, but reissued in one gorgeous package and it absolutely blew me away. It’s one of the few releases I had to get on vinyl despite the hefty price tag.

4 Likes

I bought way too much vinyl this year, and thought I was done for the year, but you convinced me that I need this one, so just ordered a copy. Last purchase of 2023 (I hope).

Edit:
The live versions on the second lp sealed the deal for me. Love that Fender Rhodes in the background. I’ve been trying to find an affordable version of Live at the East, so this will hopefully tide me over. :wink:

2 Likes

Current sounds thread is the best new music I’ve heard in 2023!!

6 Likes

Completely missed this Rainy Miller x Space Afrika LP!

1 Like

Last year i was surprised by some very good albums.

VC-118A - Waves Of Change

Rod Modell - Captagon

Dario Zenker - Reflection

Saw them live at a small venue and it blew me away. I totally forgot how an instrument alone can create these deep emotions.

Kassem Mosse’s workshop 32 was released a bit early in the year so people might have forgotten about it

Also for some reason I thought that Headache (Vegyn) debut is weirdly excellent. Does anyone know what kind of ai/software he used for the ‘singing’?

1 Like

I want to see them live and they are coming to my city next year but unfortunately the concert is already sold out. :frowning:

That Kassem Mosse album is ace!

1 Like

:frowning: That’s the problem with artists when they get famous. I think i saw one of the last smaller concerts they gave. I wanted to see them again the next year and it was all festivals and big shows that were already sold out.

1 Like