Best Model:Cycles feature you never knew you wanted?

1. Swing per track
5 Likes

6 tracks of kick machines

11 Likes

6 tracks with attack setting :sweat_smile:…just kidding :upside_down_face:
Now for real, chord machine plus lfo to color…very nice…

2 Likes

CTR-ALL
Never had it on any of my other machines and absolutely love it. Its super expressive and immediate.

6 Likes

Scrolling trig positions.

8 Likes

:thinking:

This:

TRACK + turn LEVEL/DATA to move all trigs a whole step, left or right (when in GRID RECORDING mode) :+1:

8 Likes

Ah, gotcha! I was beginning to think there was yet another Cycles feature that wasn’t on Samples :rofl:

Yea, LFO on chord inversions takes pretty basic tracks into very compelling territory.

Also FILL latch, though I was using it mostly on M:S. It’s position next to track 6 makes it akin to a 7th physical track to me. And keeps me working in one pattern.

3 Likes

I’m sure other boxes do this too, but using the left/right arrow keys instead. Definitely on the Digis. It’s a great feature for just seeing what happens :blush:

Yes but the scrolling with level can be great for super quick “trig roulette” :wink:

5 Likes

Ah yes, I can see that being awesome :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t underestimate this one - I still find myself forgetting that I can indeed load all the tracks up with the same machine. Adds a bit of “same but different” vibe to a pattern.

1 Like

Not exclusive to m:c but be sure to always add a few fill trigs. You should not consider a pattern “complete” until you have added a few fills. I find that even totally random things work - you just need to learn how to “play” a particular patterns fills.

On the more confusing side of things I’ve even made series of patterns where every single unused trig has a fill trig assigned. Makes it hard to see what it going on but gives many, many possibilities to “play” the pattern. You’ll find that every beat now has different performance options (even more so if you set about half your “normal” trigs to be “not fill”).

4 Likes

Midi input channel AUTO IN

I was going to add it as a feature request and is already there, perfect for Korg SQ1 or Circuit Monostation which need to be switched off to change output midi channel

I was just wishing for this feature - thanks for pointing it out!