Best hack for recording longer samples

Yea I’m on a Mac. I’ll definitely unplug while recording.
Thank you!

I’ve got the manual cracked open, it’s just massively deep and sometimes difficult to find the answers in.

Memory settings :
Dynamic Recorders : on
Reserve length : None

(Bug : changing memory settings disable Static playback. You may have to reload the project or power cycle)

Rec Setup 1
Choose your sources
One2
RLEN = MAX

Rec Setup 2
QREC = x steps or pattern length

1 Like

Thanks a lot man!

I have much to learn regarding sampling on this thing.
I couldn’t seem to find what the 3 different LED modes indicate for recorder trigs.
I know yellow is One Shot, not sure what Red or Flashing indicates.

For what I’m currently doing, I definitely wonder how people precisely trim long samples without it being quantized some how.

For example if you sample 24 1/2 bars, but want to trim the end off to make it an even 24.
That seems tricky.
Maybe make a visible audio cue, like a sound at the en indicating to trim the sample where I see the something like a snare hit that I placed at the very end?

Unplugging the USB definitely helped from it freezing up

1 Like

Not if you calculate the exact number of samples. The AED value in bars isn’t accurate enough (exact value is between 2 bars value, wrong old choice by Elektron)

60 / BPM / 4 x 44100 x Steps

Ex : 1 bar at 120 bpm :
60 / 120 bpm/ 4 x 44100 x 16 steps = 88200 samples.

If you prefer to use the AED rather than QREC, you can set reserve length watching corresponding number of steps, indicated in memory settings.
(Rserve Length values are in seconds, corresponding step value have to be superior to target length).

2 Likes

EXCELLENT!!!
That is definitely what I’ll be doing all day tomorrow.
Thank you sezare!

1 Like