Best groovebox ever made?

i think the sh4d has really great potential. They don’t market it as a groovebox but it has 5 parts, 4 synth 1 drum. A decent sequencer, tons of effects and enough voices to build a song. Saving stuff is a pain in the ass, but its very fun to play around and the hands on capability with many knobs is what drew me to it.

4 Likes

Agreed, fantastic sequencer and workflow in that regard. So quick to get tracks going. I do wish you could jump between 16 step “pages” when you extend the step length, and some step components could apply across non audio tracks.

I’m very dubious that a field version will solve the other issues. TE have a track record of making fragile and low QC gear, and none of their other gear is known for being a truly great sounding synthesiser.

The Trig Modifiers. :innocent:

Oh, man, thanks for posting this. I only watch this channel on embeds here and I think this is the worst gear I’ve seen, but perhaps the funniest episode for that reason. And a definitive answer to the thread question, of course!

2 Likes

You’re so welcome!
That episode really lays bare the casio :slight_smile:

1 Like

And yet he does his damnedest to make it sound good in the sample jams. A professional approach!

2 Likes

He’s got a great ear for a tune! The Casio almost makes it over the line but…I’ll take my OP-Z every time (60% of the time)

2 Likes

Gotta echo Muzka - Deluge & Octatrack hands down

1 Like

“Please be patient I have OTism”

1 Like

i must admit that when it comes to sequencer, my favorite one is software groovebox called Drambo.
this is the point where my inner hardware purist cowardly gives up.

2 Likes

Digitakt

3 Likes

Oh boy definitely deluge - especially with what’s going on in open source. It was already great and now it’s going to be even crazier!!!

1 Like

I’ve been holding off.maybe should try it out.

1 Like

Genuine vintage analogue groovebox has gotta be the best, right?

7 Likes

I’ll take it……does it have D-Beam?

4 Likes

Sure does. Just stick a finger or two in the cartridge slot and you’ll be beaming.

Gives a new meaning to ‘Groovebox’….))