Best gear to record hardware devices on separate tracks simultaneously

Is it so that in UFX1204 there are two (mic?) channels (3-4) that can’t be used normally with synths??? Or is there a workaround or some setting i’m missing? When I plug a synth on either channel the low end is missing and sound is weak.

Thanks for elaborating. This really makes me wish they had made a 16MTK as well :dismayed:

Also, I’ll give the DBX limiter some more time. Jus t haven’t gotten anything but ugly distortion from em yet.

1 Like

Maybe you have a Low Cut filter activated that’s a common option on mixer for mic input :wink:
The Orange button is a Low cut if it’s activated … you get that kind of crippy signal on Line

Thanks for the insights. I hadn’t thought to get a mixer til this morning. Need to figure out exactly what I’m looking for. Tbh I think eq/comp/mojo etc is probably just icing for me, not super important as im generally pretty happy with ITB for any small changes from the recorded sound. Main priority is input/output/send etc flexibility. In no hurry so will start looking around and reading up. Thanks again

it depend how you drive it with gain as it’s a switch… but if you gain it well you should find it pleasant. I try on DRUMS, BASS… and i pretty happy with it.

Oh well, thanks for the reply, it wasn’t the low cut filter, but wrong wire… :smiley: stereo cable. it works on the channels 1 & 2 but not on 3 and 4. but mono should work.

1 Like

Had an Xr18, it’s pretty great but I wanted proper hands on controls instead of ipad sliders. Got an qu-24, it’s expensive as fuck, but I really really love it. The flexibility must be the same as with qu-pac, so if you don’t miss physical controls, you cannot go wrong with qu-pac.

1 Like
  • edit: MTK has no standalone recording capability!

• The oh-so-cheap B UFXs does

1 Like

Don’t forget to mention the MTK is pretty much a computer-tethered affair for recording.

1 Like

16bit, 44.1khz:

1GB ~ 100min.

Divide by 12 or 16.

1 Like

Wait, my 12MTK can record the stereo sum direct to a USB drive without a computer involved? I know and appreciate its multitracking into a DAW, but this is the first time I’ve heard about this

1 Like

I’d be very disappointed if it did not!
Am i confusing it with the presonus?

Edit: indeed, the MTK does not do standalone at all. The presonus AR does stereo to SD card.

Works jus fine on iPad too fwiw

1 Like

That actually just blew my mind a little – I guess I should RTFM, but I never thought to try recording into my iPad, and there are apps like Multitrack DAW that should do the trick for this. I think that one should also be able to send IAA compatible apps’ audio out the channels’ USB returns or route them like inserts on individual channels. Guess I wasted my money on that iConnectAudio after all…

I’ve only used mine with Auria Pro so far. Other apps seem to output from channels 1 & 2. Not tested that IAA you speak of, other than within auria.

The UFX1604 also works with iOS btw

The iConnectAudio can do SO MUCH than everything can’t ! TRUST me when you will fall on a scenario and looking how you can achieve that routing and what you will need that’s 8/10 chance you say : What ? My iConnectAudio can do that for me wow it’s cool i didn’t need to spend money here :slight_smile:

iConnect can act standalone when all is SET primarily, iConnect can charge you iPad ! there’s not so much device could done that except Apogee Duet, Quartet and Focusrite iTrack Dock ! i don’t know if there much more than that that can charge iPad when you’re working with it. I find the Duo Capture EX on Battery for nomade purpose without the need of power a good way. But i think in 2 hours (maybe 3 hours…) you can shut off everything and return HOME

True, I overreacted :okej:

Worrying about charging your iPad while connected to USB devices has been over for a while now, with this:

So you can connect your charger and your USB (hub) at the same time to this dongle :thup:

I have used one since they were released. Works with everything!

1 Like

Yes you can chain this way sure.

Yeah, only outputs from channels 1 + 2 in the app I meant to refer to, MultiTrackStudio. Dafuq was I thinking not getting Auria.