Best Elektron for music with no Drums at all

Yeah I wish there was a rerelease of the MNM. I want one so bad but they are getting so old at this point I’m concerned about maintaining one in the years to come.

The last wave of them is still under warranty, so it’s likely that repairing one will not start to get difficult for a while.

3 Likes

Didn’t realize that. Hmmmmmm :thinking:

One could compose full opera cycles with the factory samples that come with it.

2 Likes

The silver boxes were discontinued mid year 2016 and have a 3 year warranty. Most places we sold out by Aug 2016.

2 Likes

drum’s aren’t bad m’kay ?

1 Like

Best Elektron for music with no Drums at all

Sorry to say there’s no Elektron like this except Analog Drive.
Even Analog Heat can do drums (with its filters, self oscillation, lfo). :wink:

6 Likes

Octatrack- you can sample anything and make beats or whatever experimental sounds desired. Learning curve is high but payoff is great.

If you’re new to Elektron way, I would say Digitone. 3 synthesis methods casually packed in a clever signal control chain, you can dial a lot of sound with this.

Once you’ve spent some time with an Elektron machine, OT might be the most powerful tool indeed.
I still think it’s a hard first step. Was in my case, at least.

1 Like

True. You can feed it with anything. Does not really matter

1 Like

One could even write say a gorgeous glitchpop track with just a sampling of the internal metronome.

:wink:

2 Likes

:elot::heart:

1 Like

no but they are overused to death

2 Likes

Monomachine if older machines are included, Digitone if not.
FM and digital machines are way ahead when it comes to create FX and spacey soundscapes, atmospheres, alien drones, that sort of thing. Monomachine i believe has more options but DT has better FX (?).
Best of all would be to pair it with a competent sampler, to free voices and process + layer stuff. A dream combo for ambient or downtempo for me would be monomachine + a kurzweil k2600 or similar; as long as it has KDFX and the possibility to sample and re-sample internally it can be a real workhorse and this combination would be very cool.
But then, this is slightly OT - sorry.

A4 followed by DN, to my ears