Best Compressor Settings for Bass Synths?

Hi team,

I use a Moog Minitaur for a lot of my basslines and in my current setup I happen to have Inputs C+D still free on my Octatrack. I was thinking of using the OT’s compressor (and maybe EQ) to help tame the Minitaur a bit so it behaves better in the mix. Any tips on good baseline compressor settings? (I do use the compressor on the master track for my entire mix, but I’ve honestly mostly copied recommended settings from other users or video tutorials as the settings are a bit of a mystery to me.)

My full rig includes:

• Various synths running into a Mackie mixer, with a couple reverb / delay send effects
  • mixer out into OT input A+B, with added samples and the mix running through the master track with compression
  • with this new experiment I’ll be running the Minitaur into the OT C+D inputs instead of the mixer

Basically I want to use the Minitaur’s low pass filter and some other tricks but have it sit better in the mix without overpowering everything else. Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Glue Compressor settings for Octatrack