Best Addition to Digitakt/SP404 set-up?

Great advice, thank you!

Sure, I’ve never used a BeringerTD 3 but if it has CC mapping you could connect it to the DT with a MIDI cable and not only can you send a new note/velocity value on every step of a sequence, but you can send 8 other parameter changes (for example filter cutoff position or overdrive amount) per step using Control Change (CC) data. You can do pure parameter steps without trigs too (see trigless trigs).

Check out the MIDI info in both manuals to see if the Behringer is able to do that!

1 Like

I love the Digitakt + 404 setup. As people have mentioned, endless variations with the 404 stereo sampling/effects and the Digitakt sampling.

I have a Bass Station 2, Blofeld, Volca FM and Neutron as well, all routed through the 404.

While a polyphonic synth may seem like the next step, I highly recommend the Bass Station 2. It sounds great, has keys and you’ll really learn some things about synthesis.

2 Likes

I would recommend a tuba or a kazoo, depending on what type of sound you are going for. The kazoo is more portable, so you could take it on the train, or bust it out in the middle of class. But tuba’s are just so damn sexy, and really bring that bass. No midi on either, but that hasn’t stopped plenty of other artists from making music with them.