That is a pretty amazing price. Seriously tempted to get this although I have no room for it.
To be honest I have no room either, and I’ve incurred the wrath of my other half…
If this is stupid sorry, but just wandering… is it more or less like a Blofeld with analog filter?
(I am trying not to order it…:)))
I would say very broadly similar, it’s based on the PPG Wave, whereas the Blofeld is sort of a grandchild of the PPG. The Wave has 8/16 bit wave tables, polyphonic sequencer etc. plenty more knobs on the Wave so should be a lot more hands-on.
There was/is more to the ppg wavetables than just bit rate essentially instead of normal anti aliasing filters they do something that insures that the aliasing is harmonically relevant to the source wavetables. It’s what gives that classic ppg sparkle of sorts. Not totally sure if beh went the extra mile to implement this though.
they did. It has an modern/smooth setting (standard) but also oldschool settings for a lot of aliasing and (8/12 bit) crunchlike the original (hopefully).
This reminds me of the great Mega-Lo-Mania main theme 
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the Wave:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Tom Noise demos making your own custom wavetables.
I wonder what sort of WT generation softwares would work especially well with the BW ?
You can download the manual. First thing I did before ordering mine. (Then I noticed Thomann were offering them for £80 less)
Not quite the same. The Intro to Slave to the rhythm by Grace Jones was done on a JX8P with a patch called Fat Fifths according to Steve Lipson the producer.
This is the clone that speaks the most to me ATM. Although it looks like a headache to program. Seems like they nailed the sound, hope to see some patches for sale!
Most likely not from me, this time, though. The Wave is not that hard to program once you remember the abbreviations (which are quite logical). But I find the unit too limited for vast sound design and I am sure that there will be some updates that will turn everything upside-down again.
I still remember with horror my Pro-800 and UB-Xa soundpack-reworking-sessions.
Review by Christophe Piper.
Well done. Gets into detail on programming, so you can see what that might be like for you. Apparently corporate watched this video and so two days later, an announcement that improvements to the envelopes ( to make them snappier ? ) is underway.
Toward the end of the video a comparison to the alternatives is made. Good suggestions there.
Definitely check out the other Behringer synth related videos at the Wine&Synths channel. ( Like one on the LM Drum – i don’t post to that thread anymore. Also a good video playing the Wave and LM Drum together with the 369. )
Any news on a rack/dektop version?
For folks who have both the PPG and a deepmind…do they compliment eachother and cover enough different sonic territory to justify both? Love my deepmind and looking to maybe snag one of these in the future.
I’ve never really taken much notice of this one, but I just heard it got an update and that transients can be much longer. A video I saw by Starsky Carr has me wondering if there are any videos out there specifically showing it being used like a regular sample with looping point.
I would interested in this if it were viable. I don’t even care about using one sample across the whole keyboard as long as it can be played polyphonically and chromatically as a regular sample would.
It doesn’t sond as if it has that ability, but since they increased the transient length it would surely be possible even if the samples would need to be short. Since it has a looping parameter anyway, it makes sense to enable it to do that proper-like.