Behringer TD-3 MO (Modded Out)

If your post isn’t genuinely about the product and you have no other interest than perpetuating the tedious and pointless flamewars (for which there are many dedicated threads btw) then rather than moderators wasting their time week after week, day after day dealing with endless flags and merging and warnings your post will now be unceremoniously deleted if it fails to be constructively on topic.

There are plenty of topics to have your say, but each thread upon a new product release isn’t going to be accompanied by endless repetition of pointless derailing arguing. The intricacies of those issues have their own threads if that’s what you want to do for your day. For those who want to discuss the specific gear in question these topics will be kept clean and the moderators will no longer consume added time sweeping up avoidable off-topic noise.

24 Likes

That piss yellow one still looks banging.

I’m finding it difficult to resist buying one of these…

Just a shame they couldn’t make it work with the devil fish guy, that would have done a bit to repair their image.

7 Likes

The first time I heard of the Devilfish mods were through reading up on Ritchie Hawtin long, long ago. I really loved the sounds he got out of his 303’s and how slippery and rubbery they sounded. Having said that, iI bought a TD3 after a lifelong hunt for a 303 and I really don’t click with the thing. My almost 50 year old brain just doesn’t like the style of sequencer. But… I may just flip it and try the MO version just for old-time’s sake. Worst-case scenario I use it with my modular or Expert sleepers stuff and control it from some other source.

2 Likes

same. planning to get two yellow units.

1 Like

I’m sure some will argue that it’s part of the experience and I’m sure if they wouldn’t have recreate it as is the original they would have faced criticism, but for me the sequencer is an archaism. I doubt they will do it, but there’s a lot that could be done in the firmware.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Clone War - Behringer. Good or Bad?

Thanks for clearing that up, you can never be too sure when the masks are off.

8 Likes

You sequence the notes with an external pulse signal, same way as on the sh101. Thats the beauty of it. You cant do this with a software clone. Just use a single cycle pulse wave on your digitakt or something and play the digitakt sequencer live synced to another clock or however you have set it up

1 Like

I didn’t care for behringer stuff for a long time, but damn. I will get this thing for sure. I really like the sound i hear in the demos, to my ears and taste it sounds pretty nice and i always wanted a 303devilfish, I just couldn’t afford a real one.

Does anyone know about the release date?

1 Like

I have no official source, but another forum says 3 months.

I doubt even B has their supply chain predictable that far out.

I’ve noticed when watching DJ sets on youtube that the low end is lacking. Like I can put the same track on my end and it sounds beasty in comparison.

I really want to run my tt303 thru the td303 cc filter. I have this dope ass sequencer and I love cutoff modulation.

1 Like

Yes, clean liquidish acid is also my favourite.
I wonder if anyone of the experts here knows a track in this style where a guy says:
„As we continue to seek peace and tranquility (…) the only suggestion that i can state is…“ followed by a nice not screamy acidline. I had it on a compilation cd i think.
Brought tears to my eyes everytime because it sounded great and had this philosophical depth. Thought its from Adonis (maybe not) but can‘t find it on yt or discogs… thanks all elektronauts.

Armando - World Unknown

REMOVECAPShttps://mixcloud.com/djace_camdenmarket/dj-ace-classix-from-88s/

4 Likes

Now this takes me back! I really miss the old Camden Market vibe - people selling dodgy mix tapes, cyberpunk fashion, etc. Lots of music like this blaring out of a cheap boombox in certain quarters.

1 Like

IMHO the best acid was from that era, Adonis, Armando, Tyree, Fast Eddie, the list goes on.

7 Likes

Thanks could be soundwise, very close. Very nice.
It just included that for me nice philosophical sentence: „ as we continue to seek peace and tranqility (in this world?) the only suggestion that i can state is…“ and then the nice acidline. The rest i don‘t remember.
Thanks also for the a4 drumpack
Btw my top favourite djax up acid(trance) track is purple plejade blanche. A somehow unusual heckmann track.

1 Like

Yeah those words are from that track originally, maybe someone sampled it and used it on another track?

I think there were a few mixes of it too, so if it isn’t the one in that mix I linked to maybe have a look on discogs or youtube etc.

1 Like

Ah thanks a lot mr expert! Will search tomorrow.
Edit, copy pasted to the mixcloud link now, very interesting, the vocal version. The rest of the words weren‘t on my cd. Confusing, added to something similar probably as you said. Great mix anyway thanks. In 88 i was on my rollerskates with a sony walkman and had similar tapes somtimes i think and loved s-express on mtv…