Behringer Synth [Deepmind 12]

Sounds promising link.

Very Interesting. I love how they are including the community. Elektron could take a tip from this.

2 Likes

http://games.usvsth3m.com/goatsynth/

^^LOL

You never know JC it might be an alright synth :thinking:

I’m sure I’ve heard the first 1 in a dubstep track.

new video came out…

if its obscenely cheap like the rest of Behringers stuff, i will definitely buy one… i like the cheap nasty synths… honestly it sounds pretty damn good

3 Likes

I feel like it’s going to be a Juno / Prophet style synth.

1 Like

Peter from amazona.de was one of the first people who played the prototype. He´s sure that Behringer´s synth will be the “synth hit 2016”.

amazona.de (german article)

Looks like a Juno 106!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Very interesting. So he is saying it’s better than the minilogue. So I’m guessing it’s very similar but with full sized keys?

i suspect mono, and if thats the case, im gonna project <$300… maybe 299 but yeh

if its a poly, id also guess maybe 350 - but id imagine theyd do a range with both kinds, maybe a rack, etc… behringer tends to do a line around a design rather than one-offs… also they LOVE to undercut everyone so id expect either lower price than minilogue or way more features for same-ish price

who knows tho… its supposed to be MIDAS design, so it could be a whole new phase for them thats no longer in the “budget” arena

another teaser video…

I gotta be honest, I used to work in a music gear shop and we sold a lot of behringer because it’s so cheap. We also did repairs and behringer and crate products seemed to be the most frequently broken. The sound of a lot of their stuff is useable, some of it even good, and this synth . . . Well, I’m impressed. I just hope it doesn’t fall apart after a few weeks of use. Time will tell

Soooo I guess I can reveal that the first UK public showing of this will be at our Leeds meet on Aug 20.

I’ve had hands on & it’s very good. Behringer are still releasing teasers so I can’t over step the mark & say too much. I can say it’s a game changer for them. They own T C Electronics, Klark Teknik & Midas now & these resources show.

Price point will be very attractive especially once you appreciate how powerful it is.

Must say that the team working on this are an incredibly passionate bunch & were extremely attentive when discussing user options/ideas!

1 Like

Video 3… It’s Poly…

https://youtu.be/YIsA-iPMs

But only 4 voices, I’m afraid:

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:…:smiling_imp:

Yeah I saw that. but they could be 8, layered with the same buttons. but I think 4 voices, tho not ideal, is the sweet spot for the mass consumer market at the sub $500 price point.

We only can see 4 leds in that picture, I really hope there is more than 4. if it is indeed just 4 it would be a big dissapointment.