Behringer Spring Reverberation 636 (646)

Hear hear, I would love a stereo spring reverb in the studio. That preamp sounds so good, maybe I could be persuaded to grab two after all…

If they would cost the same I’d choose the vermona one over this.

1 Like

Is this a luxury item? I mean could i get a Spring Reverb and Delay package anywhere else in one unit? There’s much cheaper Spring Reverb Pedals($117) so its not really cheap?

Was thinking this too, it’s kind of like an oversize pedal and seems higher price for a Behringer product.

1 Like

I have that Danelectro pedal, and its sound isn’t very desireable. I suspect the 636 clone is leagues above it.

1 Like

Looks like fun. It’s neato.

I’m going to get one to hang on the wall.

I’ve never laid hands on the spring king but is it true that it has a non-defeatable pre delay? If so that should make the behringer more desirable to anyone who doesn’t want to mod their gear.

I think you’re right about that, and that the delay is digital as well. So there’s a AD/DA stage in there.

2 Likes

The Spring King has been added to the Spring Reverb Thread – a good place for spring reverb discussion.

3 Likes

If it wasn’t for the fact I own this I’d probably of been interested in getting a 636.

5 Likes

Nice robot

1 Like

Yeah, I have to hide it when the grandchildren visit :joy:

Distracts them , let them play with all the dials and pull out the leads from the hugely expensive interactive bleepy wallpaper.

New Name :

Spring Reverberation 646

+10

2 Likes

Mine arrived today - a Spring Reverberation 636 apparently!

9 Likes

I didn’t realise they were in the wild. How is it?

1 Like

It’s good! I will try to share a video with some sounds soon.

2 Likes

How is the drive?

I have to explore the drive aspect of the preamp sections some more but I like what I hear so far!

Here is a link to some sounds. Mono patterns and no reverb from the Syntakt. On track 4 I leave the kick dry by panning it hard right and everything else hard right and through the reverb and mixing them together again. Otherwise spring reverb galore!

https://youtu.be/0guf2Fqr14U

2 Likes