Behringer RD-8

Prices could go sky high if they hit the market and then have to pull them. :thinking:

Has this been posted yet:

3 Likes

Sounds damn good to me.

1 Like

All they gotta do is make the first and last step buttons grey and that should be a ā€œdifferentā€ looking machine. Also Acidlab didnā€™t get sued because their step buttons are round. I think yocto kit builders are ok because you build it yourself. Man, I need to fire up the yocto this weekend.

3 Likes

I loved the YouTube comment where the guy said as soon as he heard it he jumped up and started body popping and then reminded himself he was just listening to a demo :rofl:

1 Like

All this talk about clones and Yoctos (plus seeing a Yocto in the latest XLR8R profile of Anthony Mother) had me look at the Yocto again.
I didnā€™t realize there was an additional percussion synth in the V2! Wow.

2 Likes

What?! I have v1. Oh go to the forums then and see if there is someone who can build it for you. Thereā€™s one guy from Germany who did my build and itā€™s well done in a nice case. All you gotta do is buy a separate power supply.

I got my power supply from some electronics supplier.

1 Like

There are a couple V2 on Reverb at the moment, and plenty of V1.
Good looking builds too, but I am on a no-new-gear thing for a while.
Just admiring. :slight_smile:

I wonder if the impending RD808 is what is moving so many Yoctos to be sold?

1 Like

There was someone selling a v1 Kit with case on Craigslist for like $450. With components would have been about $600ish. Thought about it but just donā€™t have the time. Built kits going for more than a grand still I see. Thatā€™s a tough sell.

Hey elektronauts. What do you say about the upcoming behringer 808 , 909 drum machines ? They are on my number#1 wishlist this year . i heard the sounds gorgeous , they are looking super nice and the price is perfect .

Weā€™ve already got a lengthy thread on this where you can find plenty of opinions

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just read on the 909 thread that the 808 should be with distributors by the end of the month! Canā€™t wait to get one

3 Likes

did they say anything about pricing for this or the 909 ??

299US$ if my GAS hazed brain serves me right.

3 Likes

wait what? I donā€™t like that price at all ā€¦ I mean I do but I donā€™t at the same time hhh

Why not? Price is killer, and it looks like itā€™s made really nicely.

because I feel like I am going to end with an 808 and a 909 which is a great thing except for my bank account :joy:

2 Likes

Ha! I was going to say, at that price it would be veeeeeery easy to end up with an 808 and 909 in the studio.

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait to have them sat together myself! :sunglasses: