Pro VS Mini from Behringer

I’m hoping the Soul series is made up of miniaturised digital synths. You could have a tiny Roland JP-8000 rubbing shoulders with a Casio CZ-101 with a case of dwarfism, costing $200 for the two of them.

4 Likes

That would be the way to play this. Just like Korg with their Volca series, only with a considerably lower cost per system.

Also expect, eventually, that there will be larger up-scale versions of ProVS, and the others, as buyers move up.

No doubt a large portion of the intended market for the ProVS is to teens and tweens even.

2 Likes

I wanna hear it

1 Like

That jp4000 spirit looks very small.
And even cheaper.
And horrible cigarette stained ‘keyboard’

Can someone make a new thread and pre-fill it with 100’s of angry hidden reported comments.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Behringer JP-4000 - Spirit

I started a thread for the JP-4000, but there comes a point if they keep announcing these then they belong in one over all thread.

1 Like

whatever happened to the edge (dfam clone)?

looks like these li’l yokes gonna beat it to market

Behringer should stick to this type of thing. Dont just clone 1to1.
Sure its nice to have 99% of a 909 sound for a few hundred bucks. But add some extra ideas, reimagine stuff. Dont just clone for the sake of it because some patent expired or whatever!

1 Like

They added a few things on 909. Filter, extended sounds , sequencer functions , usb midi …

But I agree , new things / expanded clones

2 Likes

Quoting myself as I seem to have predicted the next tiny cheap synth from Behringer. :joy:

2 Likes

It seems funny. I would still probably buy a used Microfreak.

New thread needed for this?

New thread already exists.

3 Likes

Sorry couldn’t see it when I scrolled the main forum feed. Thanks for redirecting me.

“Dont just clone for the sake of it because some patent expired or whatever!”

They’re not doing it “for the sake of it because some patent expired,” they’re doing it because there’s a demand for the product. People will buy it. That’s why for-profit companies exist. To make money.

1 Like

It appears to be available for preorder, now, although it says “in several months”. The last time that happened, the first units were available the same week, though.

The shape of the synth is a bit ugly would be interesting to see how it sounds

did they tease a eurorack version of this too?

I don’t recall a Euro version but @Jukka will know better.

I’m hoping for a ‘fuller sized’ version as I’m not a fan of small boxes with small (6mm shaft only) pots etc. Sausage fingers and shit eyes etc. The latest vid sounds really good