Behringer Odyssey

Mines like that too. Seems strange since the proportional pitch control buttons are so stiff.
I have not had any success getting the synthTools app to recognize my odyssey or pro-1 so I’m stuck with whatever firmware they shipped with for now. But I’m loving both. They sound amazing.

I especially like the way you can use the pedal CV switch to drive the vcf. I’m using an external controller routed through bitwig where I combine velocity, aftertouch and other cv modulation, then route the output to the pedal cv in on the odyssey.

1 Like

had the Korg one and the octave switch was really light to switch, kind of vintage wobbly with a long shaft

2 Likes

I’ve not been inside it yet but my guess is the switch is modular. The white paddle sits on top of the switch body itself and works on the actuator. The wobble is prob the free movement required by the paddle. That said better quality switches have lower tolerances for that sort of mechanical thing. I’d have to try out another just to gauge whether mine is any better or worse than ‘normal’

I wonder if they upgraded the switch assembly on the newer multicolour slider ones given they did a hardware change with the faders? Mine is an older B stock synth so it could have been floating about for some time.

That sounds very similar to the one on my Axxe so prob staying true to the original design switch assembly.

I presume Behringer didn’t implement the LFO reset mod? I had it done to my Korg module version but I dearly wish someone had thought to add it as standard.

Could anyone comment if the sequencer outputs midi through the midi din jack? It just says the jack “sends MIDI data to an application” and the specs just list notes. Not much info about the sequencer either (though the manual is so hard to get through will all the languages crammed together). Anything else behringer neglected to mention.

I had a quick thought about buying one to pair with my 2600 (looks and hopefully keys/sequencer) but it seems like Behringer didn’t think about how amazing it would be to pair them. Especially had they added patch points all over it like the 2600 (hell, even a handful would’ve been amazing beyond keyboard stuff on back)

1 Like

Is there anyway to control Filter Frequency via CV?

Nope, the pedal input is for volume control only. Alternatives are one of the pricier 2600 variants or one of their eurorack modules. I’m sure you could mod the Bodyssey for cv control fairly easily if you’re handy like that or know someone who is. Great sounding synth all the same

1 Like

Yes. Use the pedal input and flip the left voltage controlled filter switch to “S/H mixer or pedal”. The slider up full or attenuate as needed.

1 Like

Awesome cheers!

Here’s a demo video of the Odyssey with presets for Ambient, Electronica, and Melodic Techno. Maybe you find it useful.

2 Likes