Behringer Odyssey

the most interesting question is about filter implementation in this clone (different editions of original odyssey had different filters).

p.s. wish Behringer to make Novation Nova Laptop clone someday :smile:

It implements all three types of filter, switchable.

Regarding Novation nova: itā€™s software, so itā€™s not as easy as simply analyzing the circuit. They could either disassemble the code (which is illegal and not easy or even impossible to do) or try to write the code by listening, which is a toooon of work. It took 20 years until people nailed the sound of e.g a Moog filter in software. So doing that with such s complex Synth is impossible :smiley:

1 Like

mehā€¦

give me the original

Classy ā€œtributeā€ to Alan R Pearlman :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

behringer has all these resources to mass produce literal legendary equipment, yet they canā€™t find a synth enthusiast to demo the stuff properly. itā€™s so weird

1 Like

Behringer is the online company that produce shred videos for their marketing :laughing:

why not all synth demos are like this one ?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Heā€™s live right now - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lSql0OVn4k

1 Like

Yeah heā€™s playing the crave and the Odyssey

1 Like

Heā€™s got some proper chops that bloke!!!

1 Like

Someone from Behringer is also on the live feeds chat ā€¦ Did you catch if they announced a release date?

they just said to keep posted to their social media.

1 Like

That moment when it clicks where that sound in Kill Bill comes fromā€¦0:45ā€¦

Ok I guess itā€™s coming nowā€¦didnā€™t even know about it until today but I see itā€™s coming later than expected. I like the switchable filters!

1 Like

Oooh it is now listed on thomann for $399 (in stock in 3-4 weeeks) whoa. I need nothing but to learn, write and record with what I got but hopefully it fulfills someones dreams:).

In all the videos the leds on the sliders are white and I could not really understand why they didnt stick to the original arp colors. I guess some people might like the white leds - not me though.

Then when they started becoming available here, the pics on the store websites showed colored leds. So I picked one up from a local store today, and half way home noticed the pic on the box had white leds! Argh! I almost did a u-turn to go back and return itā€¦ But that would mean I would have nothing to play with, so I continued home. When I opened the box it was a big relief to discover that the actual unit does have colored leds after all. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

My previous exposure to the ARP was via a vst from gforce called gfOddity2. The vst adds extra features like polyphonic, a sub oscillator, velocity sensitivity and a thing they call XLFO (modulate any slider). I would have welcomed these type of additions (instead of the built in effects and sequencer) if B had decided to go that way. But after several hours of playing tonight I can say it is a whole lot of fun and it sounds great. I was surprised how smooth the sliders feel. Just the right amount of resistance - feels less resistant when you move them quickly and more when you are fine tuning. The keys are a bit light and springy for my liking - which is my only complaint so far.

1 Like

New synth day for me today! Picked up a B stock Odyssey and Iā€™m in ARP heaven. Sounds close enough to my black and orange Axxe to me. Out of the box oscillator 2 tracking was out, going flat away from middle C. That and a wobbly octave selector switch and it almost went back in the box. I decided to give it another chance so I tweaked the oscillator 2 range preset and lo, sheā€™s sounding awesome! Itā€™s a white LED version so presumably a return or demonstrator? Might explain the octave switch. Personally donā€™t mind the white LEDā€™s. Still running OS 1.0.5 but Iā€™ve seen it said that the new OS has issues? I need to investigate furtherā€¦But at the moment Iā€™m just having too much fun!