Behringer Odyssey

I guess this one will be at Namm, hoping for more on the Sh-101 clone too.

2 Likes

Bodysee

I wonder how this will compare to the Korg.

1 Like

I hope they release an oberheim clone.

This is the best demo I could find with direct audio.

2 Likes

This is very cool but I find myself wondering “why?” with the Korg unit in the wild for years now.

The Pro-One makes more sense to me. Maybe a future OSCar makes sense. The 101 makes sense but please, not another 303 clone. How about a Jupiter 4? :grinning:

6 Likes

I’m holding out for a clone of the KORG Super Drums! :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow. My 1st drum machine back in 1991. Seriously. Probably about 24KB of samples so they won’t have to spend much on RAM. :rofl:

2 Likes

My first drum machine in 2006- I made a few lousy tracks with that thing :smiley:

2 Likes

The Korg is already at a decent price point, even more so on the used market. Weird choice for them. a Behringer ARP 2600 would be amazing though.

4 Likes

I agree, the model D made sense because of this but the Arp isnt a premium.

3 Likes

I’d be all about an affordable 2600!

1 Like

German Magazin Amazona.de released a review of it, stating it sounds better/more like the original and is better quality than Korgs Odyssey.

There are also audio samples on the website.

2 Likes

It’s not a weird choice considering that the Odyseey was the first synth that Behringer announced that they were planning to remake.

The Behringer Odyssey will be different from the Korg though: Metal casing. Midi out. They’ve added patch memory, fx-section and a sequencer. . And it’s announced at 400 Euro (with full size keys!)

EDIT: Ok, i was wrong about patch memory. no such thing. :open_mouth:

8 Likes

It doesn’t have patch memory (and also no Control of midi cc of Parameters)

Does the Korg version have control over cc messages?

The most important feature for me is the 400 euro part.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s a really good feature. I wish more synths on the market would have that feature as well :grinning:

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

Okey.

Here’s another sound demo from Amazona

3 Likes