Behringer Neutron

Previous firmware upgrade was a nightmare, I won’t do it for these alone. But it’s nice to see support.

1 Like

It’s a clumsy process for sure but eminently doable if patient - i’m about to dive in and i’ll probably brick and regret it now i’ve said that !

Doable, yes… but I had to install 3rd party software to manage usb drivers and stuff… what a mess.

(I still love my Neutron though :slight_smile: )

1 Like

indeed - to get to 2.0 i actually had to take my machine around to a neighbour’s house (i’m now okay for osx compatibility thankfully) - ideally it really ought to be like Elektron where a sysex can be transmitted from any suitable midi software app you may have

1 Like

Anyone else getting mad delay bleed? Even with mix at minimum you can still hear it on longer settings. It’s pretty weird that it takes like 6 patch points to bypass the delay and overdrive. Also frustrated by the lack of osc fine tune and the use of toggle buttons instead of switches for the osc range.

Lots of fun to be had anyway despite questionable design choices. The patch bay is so generous!

1 Like

Yeah, I hear it too sometimes… I wish it was completely removed from the path, but fortunately it’s not noticeable in majority of sounds I come up with. Of course, YMMV. No regrets buying it at this price though and pretty ridiculous what you get for the money.

1 Like

Hi Neutron owners! Can someone please check Frequency mode button - does it have blue led (when you push it - like Octave range buttons) or not? At least my device does not have it - I wonder is it faulty or really only this one button is without led, it would be strange a bit…

thanks!!

No illumination here either

I agree it’s a tiny bit inconsistent although functionally inconsequential in both cases - perhaps simply odd that it’s not the same for both UI elements

The only thing I can think of is that some of the hidden key combos may lean on knowing that the pressed octaves button is acting like a shift-modifier and thus why it’s a bit more useful to have it illuminated whilst pressed

But your device is fine

2 Likes

thanks!

1 Like

that’s a great Video.

5 Likes

Hey everybody, I made a video of my Neutron connected to my brute using cv in a bunch of different ways - I hope you enjoy!

2 Likes

You might trying pluging a dead lead into the delay input

someone round the forums once brought up the idea of using the neutron with a more rolandy external filter to get that sh-101 type tone (given the neutron’s VCO chip). anyone know what eurorack filter would be best for this? doepfer a-105 seems like it might be fitting but looking for other suggestions as well.

Other options I can think of:
Filter from the roland system 500
Filter from the behringer system 100m
MI Ripples has quite a roland sound as well

3 Likes

nice, thank you. looks like intellijel polaris might be a good option too.

Or the system 80 Jove.

2 Likes

I use a MI Ripples for this with the Neutron.

2 Likes

oh lovely, bonus points for multimode.

didn’t realize this one had a rolandy sound, seems like a solid and readily available option.

edit: @acidhouseforall would you happen to have any recordings of how it sounds?