Behringer MS-1 [was MS-101]

I’d probably just use midi.

2 Likes

Hello fellows Elektronauts :slight_smile:
I am tempted by the MS-1.
I like it’s tone and it’s direct access controls.
Would the MS-1 be redundant seen I have the following gear:
MiniNova
Deepmind12D
MicroFreak
Toraiz AS-1
Digitakt
TR-8
Not so much interested in the Roland due to its small form factor.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Style of music:
Techno/Minimal
Ambient
Electronica

I’d also consider sh01a
Mostly due to midi cc , polyphony , it sounds very good.

1 Like

I know…
Too small form factor.
Audio out is mini jack if I am not mistaken…
Though cc, polyphony…

I think that it will fit in well with the other synths you list.

3 Likes

I second that. It’s a great little synth that’s pretty versatile in terms of what you can get out of it. More than the sum of its parts if you like. Really shines through some FX too

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile:
Just got myself a NDLR.
The MS-1 should be good for the drone part :slight_smile:
Tempted by a second hand one (black) for 200€…

1 Like

If 200 is doable I’d say go for it. You should get the same back if it’s a non starter.

Worth mentioning that the blue is a LOT darker than many marketing images suggest. It’s a lot better than the pics! Not sure if the case is the same from r the red? (Excuse the pun).

1 Like

Is there any way or reason to buy an original 101 from a shop in Japan? Yahoo Auctions id need a proxy service surely.

I’d just buy one where you are.

1 Like

There are some online websites that can do the contact / purchases from yahoo. Obviously they charge though.

Save some cash, visit Tokyo … have a blast and possibly buy a synth ( get it delivered to hotel ).

1 Like

I think that’ll probably be better. When I wanted a SH2 I had a perfect condition one sent over from Japan, but I can wait for a SH-101, it’s far more commonly available.

How good is the keybed? As good as X Station or Blofeld? Or…?

Does anyone know if the MS-1 outputs polyphony via midi? I’m kinda tempted to one as a portable little midi controller…

It feels surprisingly really good! The plastic itself is very similar to fatar keybeds, maybe not quite as good feeling but way better than expected.

Yes, I just tested it with some chords playing a polyphonic synth.

Thanks!

1 Like

These are not little or light.

2 Likes

It is compared to my other keyboards…! It’s all relative

I was surprised by the all metal base and heft of such a little inexpensive analog synth, as well as the keys! Doesn’t feel cheap at all.

1 Like