Behringer MS-1 [was MS-101]

I got it for not much more than the X in the Gear4Music sale and got a bit extra off the sale price since I’ve bought so much off them recently so it was nearly the same price as most places sell the X. Plus I wanted the larger keyboard for when I sit and practice the keys or just have a random playabout and jam.

In the videos I’ll mostly be doing sample mangling and tweaking with it, but it is also something the family can use to learn piano as the weighted key bed feels great and more Piano like than the X.

It sounds amazing, so much potential to mix samples and synths and if you look at the gearslutz thread on it someone has coded software to import user samples, so the choices are endless.

Mines shipped, its arriving tomorrow afternoon. Being partial to the odd video I should have something up by Saturday at the latest. Hopefully something better than Behringers crappy demo lol.

Came from Gears4Music :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looks tasty, I hope it’s good as I think it will be!

1 Like

Have fun…

1 Like

Good news is it survived the drop in the video :crazy_face::smile:

1 Like

you need to buy a box cutter. eventually the wife will notice the good kitchen knives being dulled from opening synth boxes.

2 Likes

Awesome video DavyP !!!

Just saw this video about a problem (bug?) with the external clock signal in the MS-101.

Maybe this is a problem only with this unit, or some sort of operator error.

Does the external clock work for you DavyP?

ADDED: In the comments section of this video there is this from Behringer:
Many thanks for the feedback, this is currently being addressed by our engineers stay tuned for the next firmware release.

So it’s real and being addressed.

1 Like

Hm. Looks huge. I keep waiting for Space Bee

1 Like

I tried midi in on all 16 channels and nothing! few others have had that as well

1 Like

Good lord, soon you‘ll have the world‘s first complete collection of contemporary synths, can‘t be long now.

3 Likes

Hah ha I was speaking to a friend who said I should rent the shed out for recording sessions :smile:

1 Like

A bit disheveled as Ive been busy with the 101

3 Likes

i’m assuming all the midi / lfo /sequencer stuff is digital and fixable via firmware.
its a shame it has shipped with a few issues but it seems typical these days.

they just released a neutron update , which is encouraging as its been out a while.

3 Likes

nice movie poster :+1:

1 Like

Let’s hope so. I plan to sequence and modulate it primarily via so it’s not that big a deal for me but can imagine as the majority use midi it could be a pain in the arse for a load of people.

Thanks, I’m a bit of a serial video maker so will have plenty more to come, have trouble sleeping at the moment so I’m up now at 3.55am UK time having another play about :crazy_face:

1 Like

Rather than recreate the Classic 101 sounds I tried something different. No doubt there’ll be loads of classic sound recreations anyway :slight_smile:

I did an Atmospheric/Cinematic type score.

Drone is the Prophet Xl, Percussion is Techno System and the 101 is run through my fx modular.

https://youtu.be/mESBINkPet8

1 Like

Love the atmospheric take on the 101. I was watching the Stanley Cup playoffs while listening and then Keanu Reeves comes out of nowhere!

1 Like

Thanks for that, I figured why not throw in a bit of John Wick for good measure :smile:

1 Like

Quite like this one, just some quiet hats, a tiny bit of delay and the MS-101

https://youtu.be/xZQWPbv2ess

5 Likes