I am not the target audience for this, but I’m left feeling a little confused about what B is doing here — I get the appeal of the vintage sound and playing experience, but I’m not sure the screen fits with the vibe. There’s discussion above about sampling and limitations etc., but isn’t that also counter to what made the original instrument special?
Re: the GUI discussion, I see both sides — this is clearly an Elektron ripoff but also it’s valuable to follow familiar/effective design patterns — however B has ommitted the knobs that are meant to correspond to the screen functions. It looks like you navigate with the buttons and have one knob to turn to change values, yikes. So again, you’ve brought the screen in but kneecapped its usability, what’s the point?
I feel like the LMDrum is a bit stuck between two possible visions — a recreation of the classic vs. an upgraded modern take.