Behringer K2

:thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Is there a video of this thing? It’s like the weirdest release of all times

Edit

Off topic reply referring to subsequently flagged O-T posts edited by moderator

Not yet. I’ve been looking every day haha.

1 Like

that was weird. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

You don’t have to pay the return shipping on thomann, and the refund process is pretty quick too, like 1 or 2 business days after they receive it. (atleast if you’re based in europe, I don’t know for other places)

1 Like

Bger just announced they hired Hiroaki Nishijima - who worked on the original MS 20

Synthesizer Icon Hiroaki Nishijima to Lead Behringer’s New Synthesizer Innovation Center in Japan

Behringer announced today that Hiroaki Nishijima, synthesizer icon and inventor of the famous Korg MS-20 Synthesizer, will lead Behringer’s new high-tech innovation center in its Tokyo headquarter.

Behringer’s vision is to build a large research and development center and invite many talented Japanese engineers to focus on flagship synthesizers, samplers and other innovative product designs.

13 Likes

haha Uli just does it.

1 Like

I’d be happy if they just did this and stopped cloning everyone’s current product lines, sure!

They hire him right after making a clone of the MS 20 eh? Funny

1 Like

Seems like behri is going ahead with their plans. I envisioned them flooding the market with inexpensive clones, used to finance the new R&D… Soon they will have all the synth engineering muscle they’ll need to go forward with starting their original designs. They just need more DSP talent for the digital side of things.

Yeah it’s a synth master plan, I love it. Can’t wait to see what comes.

Doesnt it just…

2 Likes

this was literally the video i was thinking of lol

And when Juno 60s and Juno 106s cost 3-4x as much it’s just like…Why? And the Behringer has added built in FX that let you do all sorts of other stuff.

I will say the keybed and knobs/faders on it do not feel as good as a Juno but :man_shrugging:

let’s remind ourselves that the thread was about Behringer’s take on the MS-20, thanks :thup:

2 Likes

[http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2019/08/31/behringer-hires-korg-synth-guru-to-lead-move-into-original-flagship-designs/]

1 Like

Found a sound demo of the K-2. Nothing too interesting happening but it’s still nice to hear something. Sounds good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dOA-d5JDwk&t

1 Like

Nice to hear both filters though - but the big news is that the MIDI socket could not be placed in a worse position - that is a major turn off - if I had this unit I’d be hacking another inlet on 3.5 TRS somewhere else

Yeah, it’s really poorly placed, right next to one of the most used knobs (lpf cutoff). If I were opening one of these up I’d also move the main output and esp input to 1/4 jacks on the back.

1 Like

the audio i/o may be doubled on the rear as it is on the Neutron, time will tell - but if you’re right handed, that midi socket is just ugh! - the two filter flavours aspect has a lure for sure

Yeah the two filter versions might compensate for the lack of modwheel. Yet to decide

1 Like