Behringer EDGE : semi-modular percussion synth

The transvaluation of all logos

2 Likes

The Dfam killer

Not sure about the colour and manufacturing quality but price will be quite low

Midi in out is a +

But… don’t they just bring back old, unavailable classics to the poor musician?

one could almost think they take innovative, creative designs from other companies currently available products…

20 Likes

“you are a bold one” said someone in star wars I think

2 Likes

As well as MIDI, it looks like it also has a choice of noise type as well (white and pink), which is another change over the DFAM, which only has white noise (not that I’ll be swapping my DFAM for one of these). I guess at least they have added a couple of changes to this one.

1 Like

Of course their target is hobbyst and people that cannot spend a lot of money on synths

A moog sound studio is still €1500 which is a lot of money

One edge+crave is about €300 and it is good cash if you are just doing this a hobby - if you are rich than can afford a moog and beyond

In terms of strategy they nailed it down

They will sell loads

6 Likes

1.Looks ugly .
2.Comprehensive midi - to me that means midi cc on all parameters but it seemed like it’s note priority ??. Will check manual if it’s available
I like noir on iOS , this looks similar.
Perhaps moog could do a no frills / current versions to avoid these versions.

And … no ship date …I’d guess feb / March. That rd9/td3 mo aren’t around yet.

sure they nailed the strategy down.
Let other companies do the creative work.

19 Likes

I agree with you, I don’t like their products and i don’t own any synths from them as I don’t find their products creative or inspirational

They have always copied other company products, they started with the mixers, copying Mackie ones, Genelec speakers, and on and on until 2021 where they have a huge catalogue of synth replica at a very low price

1 Like

Note -this is a behringer thread
There’s always politics etc , and those threads don’t last long.

So perhaps let’s focus on the synth , features and sound and assume the same politics applies from many of their other clones / inspired by products …. Vote with your £€$

13 Likes

Mods must cringe when a new B product is released.

22 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Behringer is great. I love them. I don’t have any, but I love them none the less.
Everyone copy’s everything. I turned on my synth yesterday, hit the key, and it sounded like a flute. It copied a flute.

Can’t wait to see more videos of this Bfam.

11 Likes

so how does midi in works? Adding the sequencer cv to the midi notes? Or is it just note trigger?

How does midi out work? does it have an inbuild quantizer to make the sequencer cv a real note value? (okay some times I wish the DFAM could do this!).

Most important: are there any other colors available? and wooden side panels?

yeah, between this, the new liven and some dreadbox stuff… these synthwave/purple designs must stop.

5 Likes

bye bye dfam?!)

Say what, now, B*?

I’m kind of OK with cloning instruments, but humans?!

4 Likes

So a DFAM clone in other words. Great, if it’s almost the same price as Crave.
And I like the color :slight_smile:

But isn’t it ever so slightly more harsh on the highs and ever so slightly less full in the low mids? But those mids takes up too much space of the mix anyways, so I would usually clean it up, when I had a DFAM. Not that it’s horrible or anything. I have also gotten harsher sounds out of the DFAM, when I had one. Depends on the filter settings I guess :man_shrugging:
And I think this sounds great enough.

And midi implementation, that’s like a huge thing compared to the original. Is the sequencer digitally controlled then, so that it’ll reset when stopped? Because that would be the icing :hushed:

I would consider getting one really.

And again, that color :drooling_face:

1 Like

for me the colour is an instant hate galore.
i wouldn’t want it if i got it for free.

9 Likes

i dunno, quite excited about this one - could possibly be a risk-free instabuy for me (the Bob one was $imply never ever going to be an option in terms of bang-per-buck like e.g. most eurorack imho) - crave is great and very well made (the original M design is of course terrific) - this model is not news in the guitar world, good stuff gets rehashed overtly and covertly and mostly at the cheaper end. They make coveted stuff (although i wasn’t too aware the DFAM was coveted tbf ) that’s perceived as out of reach for many.

It’s a pity that the politics probably can’t be put aside because some folk just want to use what the reputable stores are selling, this stuff isn’t found under the counter or from the back of some bloke’s van. It’s out there in big retail, don’t buy if it’s not right by you, but equally don’t feel obliged to derail each Behringer topic with a facsimile response to the ones posted in all those others - it’s veering things off-topic here and we have dedicated threads for that whole area of critique/disdain.

Nobody needs to admire the choices some folk make, but it’s fine to dial back on the shaming in my book for those who choose or need to roll that way. Judge them on chosing purple gear, that is fair game … but purple or not, that’s a lot of hands on flexibility for a modest price and that opens a door that wasn’t even there before, from my perspective

It’d be appreciated if the posts folk contributed were not flagworthy, then we can all have some say

14 Likes