Behringer D Synth

@lemons

Only 4 left now :joy:

Here’s a couple demos I did. Starting with a famous movie theme:

Some Filter FM Bass:

And Testing the Resonance

Reverb is OTO BAM

I just gotta say, this thing doesn’t just sound good “for the money”, it sounds good PERIOD

You are not the fan of there practices, but you are a fan of cheap products, witch is an direct effect of beringer practices. :slight_smile:

excellent, I dont at all get these quality sounds, I have alot to learn. me sounds false and not beefy. Model d is quite different of everything I used. A4 and Digitone is much more under my control. Model D is harder to tame, must look into some manuals/sources for programming examples …

anyhow your examples are good! period!

Thanks!
Here’s another demo paired with the MS-20 Mini and PO-12. Behringer D is doing the bass.
No MIDI here, CV/Gate only, and clock to the PO-12. All from a Cirklon.
It’s a little cover of the beginning of Erasure’s Breath of Life.

I want a Behringer Mini CS-80 for 399$

Thanks

I just want a Behringer Arp 2600, SO badly.

I received one today and just spent four hours this evening with it. I’ve got to say it sounds amazing!

I’m not in a position to compare it to a minimoog D so, ignoring the fact that it’s a clone, I think it’s a superb sounding 3 oscillator mono synth for the price…with a few patch points thrown in. I can’t wait to hook it up to the eurorack…maybe sequence it all from Digitone.

Sounds lovely, looks like most of the Behringer synths will be must haves :slight_smile:

Definitely worth a watch! :slight_smile:

Lovely, just lovely :heart_eyes:

sounds very good this thing :slight_smile:

This is good fun – not sure where to put this, it could also show on the 0-coast or the Mother-32, but i think the Behri - D is the primary noise source.

Shows the sort of thing you can get when you slather on the reverb.

Fresh off the net, scary how damn close they are… wow:

If they can do this with various other classics, they’re not making synths… they’re printing money. Boat loads of it.

Well the Minimoog features a 48 years old technology. It was bound to happen at some point. The synth industry kinda feels like the luxury watchmaking industry: rocking old technology which R&D cost has been amortized years ago and selling it at a high price point.

The only way the Minimoog price is justified is because it is made in the US and it is easier to repair. The Behringer will probably die at some point and will become unfixable. But then again you can buy 9 other ones for the same price so. Can’t beat the cost of labor.

It’s sad for Moog because the competition will eventually make them suffer. And sad for the planet because we’re buying more disposable goods than repairable ones. But let’s not be hypocrites: I bought the Behringer, I would never have been able to afford the original, and now, I don’t need it anymore.

That’s the problem, even people that realise its wrong will still buy it.
Its human nature unfortunately

At that point to preserve your moral integrity you’ll have to:

• Wear clothes that weren’t produced in sweatshops
  • Buy locally produced organic food
  • Live in an ecological house that produces its own electricity and is independent from dams and power plants
  • Not have a car, even electric (because batteries are horrendous)
  • Not buy anything made out of disposable plastics
  • Not have a smartphone (batteries, rare metals)

etc.

Tell me more about how you succeed at all that. We all ignore large transgressions to enjoy small privileges. Shepard Fairey even made it its motto. And then he sold shirts.

Time to boycott Behringer

We all have to make a stand at some point.
Behringer is the perfect starting point

Maybe it feels like a perfect starting point only because it’s easier to build a society without cheap synths than it is to build one without cars. We can do without them. Only it solves 0 problems.