Behringer Model D Synth

All this behringer activity cloning legendary synths is just turning me off and back to computer and vst’s. I have always wanted some of this spacial synths, and now when i can have beringer model D my Little Phatty seams more special to me, and the sound of model D doesn’t appear to be so spacial any more to my ears.

I like they make analog technology more affordable, but i just wish they made something special instead of cloning existing concepts i ques…

Maybe if they did full blown clone of model D with big knobs and nice semi modular patch points , and with preset card in the stile of buchla easel :heart_eyes:

2 Likes
2 Likes

No patch memories, no multimode filter, made by Behringer. Same old sound. Not interested.

Yeah I also heard that it doesn’t make coffee, that’s pretty lame :rofl:

It sounds incredible really , hard to admit but if you need that Minimoog sound its hard to beat.
Also it seems the build quality is excellent from all the review i’ve read.

1 Like

I love that sound, it’l like a favorite album, I could just keep hearing it throughout my entire life.

2 Likes

Sounds very good imo. I wonder if I need that sound in my setup though…

I do, currently I only have Elektron stuff.
Really miss my slimPhatty, but always hated the UI.
Been waiting for ages for a desktop mono with some smudgy analog goodness in a form factor the size of the Roland boutiques.
I thought the SE-02 would be the answer, but it just didn’t really cut it, just made me miss my slimPhatty more.
I’m highly skeptical of the Behringer, but at 300 I can afford to find out for myself.

4 Likes

Why did SE-02 not cut it?

I went a messed around with one at Guitar Center.
It was great, and came close, but just wasn’t enough gusto really.
I have an A4, and as much as I love it, I really just miss that moogy smudgy VCO goodness that is loud and powerful.
That said, everytime I hear my friend play his Poly61 I’m like, “YES! like THAT!” and it’s DCO’s.
I guess what I am saying is the SE-02 just didn’t zap my senses like some other synths do.

Your dreaming mate --testing a synth in guitar centre is doing the SE-02 a disserverce --big time

2 Likes

Maybe I am, the SE-02 definitely haunts me.
I mean, it’s just about perfect, especially the way it fits on my custom case.

Seconded. You really should try one again. Lots to love about it, and some really cool “hot rod” mods, like that feedback circuit.

1 Like

What keeps you from using one? It sounds lovely and adds a ton of interesting and convenient stuff on top of what a Model D can do.

1 Like

I’m still very much happy with my SE-02 vs. the D. I have a friend getting the Behringer soon, so I should be able to borrow it for a short stretch here and there. That said, the SE-02 has made me really want to look into a Subsequent 37 down the road. Just something very alluring about having this overall sound in a larger format. A real D or Voyager is out of the question for me. Too much money and too many other things I’d rather have. Even I can draw the line somewhere! :wink:

3 Likes

I willbe getting em both. D for the gritty and rawness, SE-02 for recall and automation. Both can be used nicely with A4 CV so they will be interchangeavle in my rig, depending on context.

There is no telling how (un)stable the boog D vco’s will be… you might need to be tuning the D all the time… and IME a synth that needs to be tuned and retuned constantly can be a major PITA.

2 Likes

I’m keeping my pre order, it seems like you get huge sound for very little money.

These are good times!

2 Likes

Briefly played with the se02 at guitar center yesterday. Won’t touch on the sound because it’s pretty impossible to get a real sense of it in that setting. But I came away from it knowing I never want to own one. Interface matters, especially with this kind of monosynth. The controls were annoyingly/unusably close together and everything just felt squishy and wobbly. Are all the boutiques like this?

1 Like

The other boutiques are probably even worse.

No they are not