Behringer Model D Synth

This will perfectly fit in the hole of my little 6HE eurorack system, top row filled with Make Noise and Mutable Instruments modules.

Ohhhh boy. I didnā€™t even want this. I have a SE-02 on pre-order already.

4 Likes

My voyager will have a half brotherā€¦wow that was Ana amazing sound demo

1 Like

Wow it really is a clone isnā€™t it. Canā€™t even hear the difference, well on my shitty iPad speaker anyway.
No wonder Moog announced they discontinued the Model D reissue.
Probably when they heard this $299 thing :aw:

5 Likes

Not surprised itā€™s a clone. Itā€™s what Behringer does.

Mackie, then Boss, now Moog.

Who will be next?

they teased thisā€¦

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/oscar.php

and im fucking ready for itā€¦

ā€œAside from the Oscar synth, I can confirm that the 2600 is high on our priority list as it is a truly remarkable synth; I always wanted one for myself:-)ā€

• Uli Behringer
4 Likes

Hopefully Waldorf
Would love a $299 Quantum

4 Likes

Even settle for a Novation Peak for $299 also
ā€¦no actually $250 max for that one :grinning:

2 Likes

This is nuts. They sound identical! Theyā€™re going to sell a million of these.

Not for me but I eagerly await the 2600.

1 Like

Will this behri D stay in tune tho? I have bad experiences with moogs getting out of tuneā€¦

When these hit the shops, beatport is going to be swimming in moog bass/lead music lol

If that Arp 2600 gets released, I will be very tempted to swap my Ody for oneā€¦ Iā€™ve always loved the 2600.

Behringer is changing the game hereā€¦ after these clones, ainā€™t no way the pricing of analog synths can ever be quite the sameā€¦ Which can only be good IMO.

7 Likes

Actually sounds amazing. Wonder what the UK price will be? Thereā€™s talk of a $299 price tag! Whatever, Iā€™ll get one based on this video.

Iā€™d be on board for a Behringer Mono/Poly

2 Likes

An OSCar clone would be sweet!

I wonĀ“t buy it. The built quality and size of the knobs is one of the main reasons to have a moog. With no other synth I can move a filter so smoothly. If I want a handy and easy to transport solution I load DIVA into Ableton, no one will notice the difference.

G funk leads for me pls! Itā€™s like its own dimension of acid

1 Like

I hear about 6 patches so probably 6-8 tracks on that vid, not all playing concurrently.

For the price Iā€™ll definitely get one. Of course @phelios an actual Minimoog would be awesome but I believe the analogue circuitry on the Behri is identical with modern manufacturing benefits and a fraction of the price. Overall wonā€™t be as solid (or cool, or historic) but you get a hands-on module and all the sound - for me thatā€™s much nicer than a software plugin.

1 Like

Minimoog is off any reasonable pricerange but a sub 37 or even the filter in a moogerfooger box gives me a much better feeling than the boutique size knobs. Donā€™t underestimate how the size of the knobs and the panel influence your workflow. Adjusting a filter frequency within a millimeter will not be fun at all.

1 Like

Sureā€¦but it looks similar knob size and spacing to a Moog Mother 32 and I get on with that perfectly well. Look like thereā€™s much more real estate than say a Roland boutique.

Edit: it actually looks like Behringer have copied the Mother 32 cheeks. Will be interesting to see if they line up together - same angle etc. for patching.

2 Likes

no sequencer and less (though still adequate, maybe) CV, but this is very, very tempting as a Mother 32 replacement in my Eurorack case.

(And Iā€™m not saying Iā€™d do this, but for the Mother32 street price of $599, you could polychain two Behringer Ds and have a 2 voice minimoog)

1 Like