Behringer Model D Synth

bemoryboog

1 Like

Saw this on another B thread. Thatā€™s my take. Keyboard or module tho?

1 Like

Based on imaginary facts.

Keyboard (based on ms1)
Sequencer based on ms1 (unfortunately) maybe even 4 track sequencer but sync will be an issue for many firmwares.
Built in fx (like the arp clone)
4 note poly
Ā£799

Basic functions will be buggy on release with no reviews mentioning them, itā€™s a added bonus surprise for early adopters at no extra cost.
Loopop will do a preview (no bad thing , heā€™s the only influencer I follow these days)
Pre orders will open up , ship date will be within a few weeks and once the fuss has died down ship date will move to June 1st 2020

I hope Iā€™m wrong.

1 Like

You may be psychic re5et, if we accept that itā€™s a keyboard ā€“ except for the price, iā€™d say more like $500, given that the Deepmind 6 is $550 new. I also donā€™t see why they canā€™t springboard off the engineering in the Deepmind series.

I also think itā€™s possible that itā€™s another Eurorack box, like the half dozen they already have, with 4 Dā€™s in the same space costing a trivial amount more ā€“ $350?

I saw that there is a connector on the back of the pcb near the midi connectors. And as the Model D can be daisychained via midi,
perhaps its an additional card that you can put inside the case to get three more voices?

Pretty shure that connector is for power if you mount it in a eurorack case.

2 Likes

Hey it occurs to me the ā€œrealā€ Warp Drive may work in the 4th dimension ā€“ 4D. OK iā€™m a bit crazy today, forget that.

1 Like

No, thats the black one. I am talking about the white one:

the white one is for the Original Case and Outputs.

Seems unlikely as you wouldnā€™t expect there to be provision to know the settings of the primary analog voice given that itā€™s a clone., The specifics of the teaser do make it harder to be confident itā€™s not related to the original hardware in some way

1 Like

And it being Behringer make it easier to be confident that theyā€™re going to try and sell another piece of gear

1 Like

Resonance stopped working! :frowning: Can anyone give me a hand? Anyone encountered that?
(yes I am on low pass filter mode)
Thanks a lot!

Itā€™s Analog so that shouldnā€™t happen.

Does the cutoff of the filter still work?

If it does, the resonance circuit of the ladder filter is pretty simple. A potentiometer, resistor divider, and capacitor between the bottom of the ladder and the top. The only component that would burn out is the capacitor. That is all unlikely.

The most likely issue is a broken solder joint on the potentiometer. Turn the resonance way up. Play a note and wiggle and tap on the pot or pull up on it a bit. If it cuts in and out you probably need some solder on it.

Just a little troubleshooting for you to try

3 Likes

I just tried your recommendation for which I thank youā€¦ just no luck :((

did you feed it with wrong voltages or something like that?

you may try to do a factory reset and/or install the actual OS again

otherwise I would email Behringer in this case

It s just connected midi and audioā€¦ so I guess no wrong voltages.
How to do a factory reset?
Thanks!

just got one and really digging it, heres an exploration:

3 Likes

I Love this synth, filters are amazing for this price! I made an arp played with Keystep and tweaking on the Model D filters. Added a bit reverb and delay to it.

Itā€™s quite an old thread but maybe some of you find this video useful. Itā€™s showing several patches for ambient and techno. Watch in 4K and hit pause to copy the settings, if you like.

2 Likes

Still have mine until I get a real one some day (maybe never).

Itā€™s does sound great honestly. Some of these they nailed pretty closely.