Behringer Crave

I definitely appreciate that this is more of their own design similar to the Neutron and ultra-definitely appreciate that they’ve avoided the Neutron design ethos which seemed to channel a male teenage circa 1998. Does sound good and the price is mental… but I suspect that even then it’s not for me.

I did find the marketing spiel in the videos a little off-putting though… the one where the guy with the pony-tail making a song and dance about being able to transpose via MIDI was cringe-tacular.

3 Likes

His ‘performance’ at the end was like a shreds video

1 Like

Even having a multiple in patchbay! This is a great tiny synth!

One upshot of these ever-lower price points is that no one is really gonna be able to slide by on having a boatload of lux vintage analog sounds in their recordings anymore. Every kid in high school is gonna have the equivalent of a Minimoog, an Oberheim Xa, a CS-80, and a Model 15 hanging out in their bedroom, all bought with summer lawnmowing money. I think in some respects gear fetishization (or some forms of it, anyway) is gonna die down a whole lot.

7 Likes

It even seems to have High and Lowpass switchable? I wonder why they did not make 2 outputs for that. The Mixer being a crossfader is cool. I really hope the sequencer puts out his CV through the Keyboard out. Would make sense since you can controll the sequencer with CV.

1 Like

Remember when Micro Freak was the thing? Seems like ages go.

14 Likes

Micro Freak is so last week, Crave is the new jam :joy:

8 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Crave off-topic

Yup, now we got Analog Hardware in a metal case for the price of a softsynth.

9 Likes

We’re getting to the point where people will ask. “Is software worth the premium over analog synths?”

25 Likes

It’s the same reason I can have “Chicago” or “New York” pizza in any city across the US that have nothing to with either. Many companies say “Moog filter”. I agree with you to large extent though, but I hate all marketing usually. Every company pushes it or lies to the extent they can get away with. They should have said Moog and Curtis “style” at minimum.

Hahaha

1 Like

I miss the days when synths were identified by a number and letter.

So much more classy… and less ‘craven’

1 Like

So much gear nowadays. It’s a minefield.

1 Like

agreed

1 Like

This sort of pricing is going to put serious pressure on established companies to actually innovate … or fade away

2 Likes

It’s already happening to Elektron…

Except backwards

3 Likes

Along with some of my current and soon to be purchased gear, it’s starting to look like I’ll have a good bit of behringer mixed in there with them. Never thought I’d say.

1 Like

FFS, another synth I’ll probably buy.

2 Likes