Erased

For that price I think it’s value as far as I can see. It would be cool if they would put that sequencer in the neutron and call it original design.

Loopop reviews the Crave:

4 Likes

Oh shoot! If there’s a Loopop review then a release date must be approaching!

1 Like

Comprehensive seems like an understatement when considering Loopop’s reviews. I always pick up a gem of an idea even if I’ve no intention of getting the synth under consideration.

1 Like

I couldn’t possibly afford every device he reviews, but he does it so well it seems like I almost own them already.

3 Likes

yeah. the trick with attenuator on filter and lfo tuning gives a lot of great additional voices!

…lol TE rushed out the PO Modular Series in hope that the crave sequencer won’t kill any sales I guess.

anybody knows when the crave is on the market?

i had to sold my mother 32, but i loved the sound. so the crave as a clone would be a regret-buy. and perhaps a nice companion to me 0-Coast.

If I had to guess, based on petty observations- they’ll probably go on sale in 4 months

1 Like

Umm. Where are moog products made again?

1 Like

Moog’s are a combination of Chinese and American manufacturing. Chinese electronics, American assembly.

Crave is coming soon!

weren’t they both announced at the same NAMM, last January?

1 Like

Hmm!!! I could see this as a nice addition to my dark energy! Basicly making it a 2 osc synth with sequence! Would be interesting if thr crave sequencer could also be clocked from external modular clocks like pam‘s workout :slight_smile:

it can!

I placed an order at Thomas UK. Shipping date is supposed to be Oct 31. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

mine should arrive tomorrow. me super excited :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

please make a video.

1 Like

Hey! It was arrived? How it feels?

1 Like

yeah, it came last week. but only had a couple of hours with it. it’s about to replace my volca bass big time. its my first semi modular (besides the analog four) so i still have to learn a lot of things. it sounds really ‘stable’ in my opinion, and the filter is top notch - does not creak like the volca bass for example. also it feels very good, the knobs are pretty heavy and imo ideal for finding and setting sweet spots. only the tune/frequence knob gives me a hard time, as it seems to take a while to accept the new frequency value (but could be user error ;))

i look forward to sequence it externally, but the midi implementation is missing (or i cant find it) also the companion app is not available yet. buildwise the weakest thing are the sequence/keyboard pads, they feel a bit cheap, but if you’re working on a desktop it should feel very sturdy (currently i have it on the third level of my k&m 18810 keyboard stand which is very floaty).

not sure what the video should show what loopops youtube review didnt cover (teached me also a couple of tricks with it). about to spend some quality time with it again in the studio, so if you have further questions, i’d try to answer them as best as i can. video would be no problem, but again, not sure what to put there.

tl;dr: really like it, stable sound, good knobs, would buy again!

3 Likes

Hi! Thanks a lot for the detailed review.

I’ve commanded the crave too, and I hope it arrives this week. Initially, I don’t like too much the syths without memories or with patchbay… but for that price, I think it’s a good deal to try, after that maybe I’ll love. Anyway, it seems sounds good, and in general I love the monosyths :smile: .

2 Likes