The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Yeah so true.
Behringer are hopefully putting the nail in the coffin for the analog resurgence :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Like how Wendyā€™s restaurants ā€œkilledā€ aioli a few years ago.

:rofl:

Nothing like a mass market watering down to sour the stomach.

1 Like

I consider this to be a moral good. Leave nostalgia in the past- the future is waiting for us

2 Likes

To infinity and beyondā€¦

1 Like

Analog is likeā€¦so 2017

1 Like

The future- FM Sampling/Granular

1 Like

Behringer are too busy trying to clone everyone, they havenā€™t realised we have all moved on from what they are still trying to clone.
Too slow sorry Behringer
Hereā€™s a thought Behringer, try and come up with an original idea!!
I know itā€™s not in your DNA, but give it a go why donā€™t ya

1 Like

Deepmind was a pretty decent idea?

Also, that Maelstrom idea they were tossing around sounds like a decent idea

1 Like

mmmā€¦the deepmind doesnā€™t interest me at all unfortunately.
Synthesis wise no innovation, itā€™s just way too safe and bland.
And surprisingly looks similar to a Juno :wink:
Whatā€™s the Maelstrom?

Itā€™s was part of their leak

From the top of the thread

More choice can only be good IMHO. FM & granular in particular is being praised to death on these boards, which is aight and all, but the more the merrier I say!

Iā€™ll be grabbing that analog vocoder if they ever make a desktop version. Itā€™s not a coincidence that both classic scratch sounds are vocoded speech, I bet more great sounds could be conjured with one. And running drums through a vocoder always sounds cool and you can come up with great pluck/stab hits.

You can buy the Roland Boutique version of the exact same machine today.

1 Like

yes, but I am only interested if its analog. I already have several digital vocoders I can use if needed.

Even though I now own two ACB boxes, I am not convinced of the sound quality of the emulations.

Form past experience with Behringerā€™s audio interfacesā€¦ I would not be too excited about Maelstromā€¦ expect bugs, glitches and firmware updates (only with a windows updater) that make things worse or do nothing.

12 posts were split to a new topic: Behringer UB-Xa

I wonder how many people use the VR interface?

1 Like

Didnā€™t realize it costs $5000.

Iā€™m hoping for those drum machines they ā€˜leakedā€™

Iā€™ll be really sad if I donā€™t get my 300$ 909 clone :disappointed:

Iā€™d like a Deepmind 6 sometime in the future tbh but since I am a horrible keyboard player Iā€™ve got nothing to do with 12 voices :smiley:

2 Likes

Exciting news in that it means that we will likely have a variety of affordable analog polysynths coming in the next couple of years. I hope Roland does an awesome one in the Boutique format.

Roland is happy to sell you one right now for $299.

2 Likes