BD1 unwillingly triggered by midi keyboard in overbridge mode

Hey,

I’m quite new to elektrons’ stuff, happy to be part of the community ! I’v been struggling with an issue since I got the unit a few weeks ago.

I got the Rytm hooked to my computer via USB (thru a cheap hub) and use overbridge to get individual tracks in Ableton. On this usb hub i also got a DS1 midi mixer and my midi keyboard. It’l all working perfectly except for one very anoying issue. When I play a note on my midi keyboard, whatever the track i got selected, the low octaves ( from C0 to C2 ) trigger the BD 1 on the rytm. And it triggers it chromaticly so the the higher the note on the keyboard, the higer the pitch of the BD. It only triggers BD1.

I tried every configuration in rytm’s midi settings, tried to get rid of the hub, tried all the midi config i could think of in ableton’s midi config …

Does anybody have crossed a similar issue ? Or have any idea how to solve it ?

Rytm is 1.30d, overbridge 1.10.1

Thankkss
Kinan

Something in Ableton is picking up the keyboard MIDI and sending it on channel 1 to the RYTM, that’s the only way this happens, and it has happened to many people. Do you not want the RYTM to respond at all to the keyboard? What are you wanting to occur?

Hep, thanks for the reply.

I actually don’t want the Rytm to be controlled in any way by the keyboard, I just want to use overbridge to get the individual outputs and sync rytm to live. Is there a way to completely turn off the midi communication ? I’ve tried lots of configuration in the midi config page of the rytm and in the preferences in Live. Here is how it’s set up in LIve:

Tks

Any idea anyone ? Can’t figure out this one !