Battery for digitakt and digitone

Anker PowerCore III Elite 25600 PD 60W avec Adaptateur 65W PD

2 Likes

I use this to power the DT and DN together with Birdcords. It works great.

Birdcord

2 Likes

Thank you all for the answers, Justin please tell me how many time you last with the both devices powered with it, I would like to take the setup with me and sleep outside for days maybe so…

I’ve bought two myVolt ripcord USB, i think it’s the same than birdcords.

1 Like

I haven’t used both from full charge to depleted battery so I’m not sure. I use the battery for other things as well.

I got about 10 hours of use with a Digitone and a Typhon. I suspect that it would be a little less with a Digitone and Digitakt.

1 Like

Ok mates thank you for the information it’s kind of you.

Gonna order one rn, have a good day !

Alex

1 Like

me is the powerbank with myVolts Ripcord 12V DC – Thomann Luxembourg

2 Likes

Hi dude, just received the battery. It don’t Work with both of the devices at the same time…

Only one at the time, maybe there is some manipulation to do ?

Can you help me please.

Thank you !

My work sells these. Crazy because the have an AC plug on them.

Might be a good solution.

Maybe it has something to do with the Ripcords? I’ve read mixed reviews regarding their reliability.

I just took this picture, working fine with Birdcords.

I turn one box on at a time and wait for it to finish booting up before turning on the other. When I turn on the second box, the first one reboots, then everything works fine.

Edit to add video of what startup looks like for me…

Can you please send me your mail or a contact ? I can’t post the video here it’s too big apparently. It Work for one so it’s not the wire…

Thank you

PM sent.

1 Like

I see the BirCord is rated as 750mA peak and the Ripcord was about an amp I think. Is the BirdCord man enough to supply the DT or DN? I see they spec the Electron units at 12V DC 1A so are those voltage converters running hot or is the 1A spec on the Electron units just a boot up current and they normally run with less current draw?
Thanks for sharing the info guys…the Ripcord does look like the simple solution. You just need to make sure the USB battery you choose can provide adequate current at 5V and do that on multiple USB ports if you want to run both the DT and DN at the same time.
I’m guessing (from simple maths) that if the Elektron needs 12V 1A (12W) then this means your battery needs to provide ~2.5A at 5V from each USB port you want to use (some can provide high current to one port at a time).

Previously on Elektronauts:

I believe this to be the case, but I’m no engineer.

The Birdcords power my DT and DN simultaneously via my Anker PowerCore Elite III power bank (the same one linked above).

The OP emailed me a video similar to the one I posted but he was using Ripcords. Turning on the second device caused the Anker to power off.

1 Like

Yep, when i put on the second elektron devices with ripcord the other devices shut down and the battery too. I just resend the ripcords wire to Thomann and order some birdcords, we’ll see.

1 Like

Did you buy a ‘ Anker Power Bank, PowerCore III Elite 25600 PD 60W’ as recommended above?
In the description for this battery it says,
“Note: Both USB ports share a total output of 18W”. So if the DT and DN both take 1A @ 12V, that’s 12W each so 24W in total. Too much for the battery to support.

Now, I’m going to guess the DT and DN might not run at 1A nominal and the steady state may be a bit below this but, given your issues, you may want to consider this.
The RipCords/BirdCords are not going to be 100% efficient either so the actual power draw on the battery might be higher.

Some people may be lucky and find they can start one device and then the other and get both running at the same time but it sounds like it’s borderline overloading the battery capacity on those two USB-A ports. Now, if you could run one from the USB-C you’d be laughing but I guess the RipCord/BirdCord are USB-A devices.

2 Likes

DrOrthogonal, thank you for the additionnal anxiety.

Infinite grateful for this !

2 Likes

I’ll try a USB-A to C adapter to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the advice @DrOrthogonal!
:+1:

1 Like

Hello, just received the 2 wires and it dont fit the digitakt and digitone, the câble don’t enter in the devices WTF …

To be fair, the Birdcord website does say “…for powering Elektron devices, the 2.5mm adapter is required”, did you grab a couple of those?
They’re little plug adapters that go on the 12V end of the cord and have the right sized barrel plug for Elektron devices.