Basic help with looping

I’m going to have to try that later, it would be great if it ends up working that way

If your sample is multiples of the pattern length you can just use first condition with sample set to loop, as long as you arrive to the pattern with the track umuted… Use X:X conditions if you want to arrive muted…

Here’s some info about time stretch tricks that @klerc mentioned:

3 Likes

I don’t think you can set individual tracks to different scales, pretty sure I tried this one time and it’s a whole-pattern-or-nothing kind of thing. I could be wrong though

Oh thats right. yea i remember now. SORRY @jefones

1 Like

Still have’t figured out a way to “hard mute” a long sample other than lower the level. I did realize that the reason my longer loops wouldn’t play through was because I was triggering them each bar.
I’m really impressed by all the input though–very encouraging. I’ve always enjoyed “limits” in music making. The DT had me really frustrated at first but it’s so deep I’m looking forward to the future. Only been 5 days.

1 Like

With the new firmware you can also pretty quickly slice the loops, create trigs every 4 steps, linear p-log the trigs automatically (also set the slice length to 4).
That way, once you mute the loop, it will stop after every 4th trig. So it won’t stop immediatly, but quick enough (same for start of course). For me at least.

1 Like

This is something Octatrack users usually know, a trick used to stop a Plays Free track. Without slices, after Plays Free “mute”, a long sample is played till the end. With slices, only the last slice is played.

Slices are also useful to keep sync when you change pitch, slots, etc…

1 Like