Barker on OT

Possible to send my way as well?

1 Like

I might still have it kicking around. If not, he also provided some nice sample chains from various synths. Let me dig and see what Iā€™ve got here.

Edit: I have both the MIDI files and the chord samples. PM me and Iā€™ll send you a Google Drive link.

2 Likes

I am interested in both these things as well. A master midi file for chords to slice up would be chefā€™s kiss, and is something Iā€™ve attempted but never complete.

Send me a PM :slight_smile:

1 Like

Grab Scaler 2 when itā€™s on sale. Very easy to make your own custom chord progressions. Just load up 64 of them and drop them into Ableton.

2 Likes

Cheers for picking this up mate!

1 Like

thats a pretty inspiring clip and a great use of the OT. its moniker as an audio swiss army knife is so apt

Would love the midi files for this also if anyone would be willing to share? Thanks

2 Likes

Me too! If possible!

It might be worth getting those MIDI chord files onto the files section of the site!

8 Likes

Please!

You guys are gonna love this - I was able to access the files from the expired Voltek-Labs domain by simply viewing the page cached via Google.

Here is a link to the page.

These are the two folders:

Chord Samples

MIDI Chords

Grab this while you still can - someone may wish to download this stuff and stick it in the Files section of the site while itā€™s still available.

14 Likes

Semi off-topic, but can anyone identify the tubular shelving/rack format that Barkerā€™s custom stands are made with in the original post? Itā€™s not simple Metro style stuff (no lock grooves on the pipes), but Iā€™m guessing itā€™s some kind of commercial display shelving system because itā€™s chromed.

Iā€™ve been looking at different systems so I can slowly stary to collect parts to make some custom stands but there are a lot of them out there and most of them are prohibitively expensive and not ideal. Right now Iā€™m leaning toward Kee Klampā€™s modular railing system because itā€™s size compatible with 1.5"/27.8mm tubular stand systems like Jaspers and On Stage, but even then itā€™s insanely expensive since individual fittings typically run $30-$50 each so at my budget making a single three or four tier A-frame stand could take a year or two. The one in the video looks like it would be a bit more reasonable since itā€™s not using cast metal parts and doesnā€™t have to meet the safety code standards for things like railings or scaffolding.

Thanks! :wink:

1 Like

Done for the MIDI files! Samples and MIDI files zipped up are over 2GB. Much more than Iā€™m sure Iā€™m able to upload here.

MIDI Files: Elektronauts

3 Likes

What is the best way to import these midi files into the OT? I saw one video where the guy loaded them into ableton and then recorded it into the OT. Is that still the only way? the video was a few years old.

Thereā€™s no direct way to import MIDI files into the OT so you have to record it in externally such as via a DAW.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah doing that now.

So if I have a track in Fmin I want to try this with - I send his E-CH file to my synth, it is doing a 64 bar recording. I export that out to the OT and then when I load it up, I up the pitch +1 and then want to trim to where the minor chords are at and make a 4 bar chop. Chop that to 64s and fine tune for zero crossing. Then mangle from there.

I am wondering if it makes more sense to trim these MIDI files to 4 bars in the DAW and name them Emaj, Eminā€¦etc.

His audio samples are like 4 minutes long so he did a long take of everything. Not sure if he loads that entire file into his OT and chops from there or what. Thats the one thing Im not 100% on.

Yes. You load the entire file. Itā€™s 64 chords with no space and no envelopes of any kind on them. You add the slices in the Audio Editor on the OT. 64 chods = 64 perfect slices. Load it into a static and use slice mode.

3 Likes

Thanks. I guess there is a reason he left space in the front because when I sliced it I had to line up a lot of the chops to the right chords or else Iā€™d get a swell. Made sure to save the sample settings though, but its something to make a note of.

1 Like