Bank / Kit relationship

Hi there,

I’m new to the A4 and wondering why i can’t load different kits in different groups? Is it possible without program changes? That would be great! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Cheers, Dario

It’s hard to say because your statement is ambiguous. Can you give us a specific example of what you want to do?

MIDI Program Change messages cause a new pattern to be selected. The pattern then recalls the kit that is associated with that pattern.

1 Like

Thanks! I just want to pre-program different sounds for various patterns and then play it live into the sequencer. How can I assign a Kit to a pattern for example?

You need to safe kit with pattern. 2 or more different patterns can share the same kit. Or you can have different kit in every pattern. Go to sub menu Kit, there you can save, copy, etc…

3 Likes

what @alejander wrote is right and important to know.

to OP: make sure to check out the manual about the kit and pattern structure because otherwise you will miss out on features and get confused…

also cockoo video tutorial on patterns and kits is a great resource:

3 Likes

OK thanks so it’s possible :smiley: but how can I save a certain Kit to a pattern? So I need to save Kits first and then assign it to a pattern?

you can save or load/reload a kit at any time as the same kit or another one. for example try a new kit on an existing pattern and save it if you like it or revert to original. there are various ways and shortcuts to do that. also a kit gets reloaded or autosaved at certain actions. so take your time and dig in the very good manual :wink:

If I remember fine, yes+kit saves it for the actual pattern. Then you have this sub-menu where you can name it and more… Reading the manual will help…:wink:

1 Like

Wow that was way too easy!! Maybe I overlooked this part in the manual… Thanks to everybody for your help!!!

1 Like

When you are on a pattern, you can load any kit from the list. This pattern is now linked to that kit. You can also save as a kit when you are on a pattern, the settings on the tracks will be saved into a kit.

If you copy a pattern and then paste onto a new location, it will use the same kit.

Function + Yes/Function + No are shortcuts for saving and reloading a kit.

1 Like