Bank change via midi?

Attempting to advance the midi integration of my setup lately. I can get the OT to change the Monomachine patterns just fine but I’m having less success with banks. It seems to use whatever the current bank is regardless of how I set up the OT sequencer. Anyone doing this successfully?

I assume you’re using the MIDI sequencer tracks on the OT and not the PROG CH setting in the OT’s PROJECT menu.

If so, you should be able to use PROG values in the range from 0 to 127 on the OT to get the MM to change to patterns in the range from A01 to H16.

You do not need to use the BANK or SBNK parameters on the OT: these will have no effect on the MM.

1 Like

Got it and that works - but now I have a new question… can specific patterns on the OT call up specific patterns on the MnM?

1 Like

As you probably know, you can sync all patterns on both machines with the PROG CH setting in the PROJECT menu, but this means that pattern A01 on the OT calls up pattern A01 on the MM, and so on.

MIDI Program Changes from the OT’s MIDI sequencer tracks are stored in the Parts, so that a new Program Change message will only be sent by the OT when it switches to a Pattern that is linked to a new Part. So what you want is almost possible except that there are only 4 Parts in a Bank so not every Pattern can change Pattern on the MM. Therefore you could have 16 Banks x 4 Parts = 64 patterns to select in the way that you want.

Note that the MM’s MIDI sequencer can p-lock MIDI Program Change messages, so you could use the MM as the transmitter and the OT as the receiver. The problem there is you would need to specify the pattern number in the pattern previous to the one you want to change to.

1 Like

Yikes, I was deeply overthinking this. Thank you for clearing that up.

1 Like