Bank change on Digitakt. How?

Maybe this topic may be helpful

3 Likes

The guidelines also state how we hope youā€™ll all go about forum business ā€¦ using phrases like this is unwelcome and should be avoided. Keep it civil

4 Likes

Indeed.

If I may, Iā€™d add that if you have any feature request or you think something is not right, please contact :3lektron: support to calmly explain your case.
Youā€™ll at least show this is needed and this way contribute positively.

2 Likes

Bank changes that the manual states it can send?

Are you ok?

maybe take a break and come back cooler, you two.

1 Like

Roger that. Good advice.

This is very upsetting.

I obviously love Elektron gear and respect the Elektron community enough to ask for help.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just been reading that thread posted right above; the discussion and troubleshooting there seem quite thorough. Looks like Elektron have it on their list of things theyā€™re aware of, at least.

1 Like

Donā€™t mind this guy, his attitude is about as bad as his {ā€¦}

1 Like

If itā€™s any consolation, the DT is not able to change banks on any of my DSI synths, including my P6 which is a similar architecture to your OB6. Patch change works though.

DT is NOT a MIDI sequencer! Just a drum machine. Treat it as such and you will probably have more fun with it.

I have Digitakt, Ableton and some soft synths. Out of the bunch, there are few that work perfectly accepting bank and patch change.

Yes, itā€™s definitely a MIDI sequencer and a sampler. Itā€™s not a ā€œdrum machineā€ in the way an R8 is a drum machine. The Digitakt has 8 MIDI tracks that can be sequenced = a MIDI sequencer.

Itā€™s a great machine for sure. Sounds fantastic. Shockingly so.

Just needed to know how to bank change my external synths and I figured folks here might know. CC#32

Iā€™m sure Elektron will fix the SRC page bank change bug soon.

Happy Yule!

Yes! That thread had a good work-around. Works for me.

I have an MPC Live, RS7000 and Digitakt for midi sequencing. I REALLY want the Digitakt to be the one because it speaks Elektron pattern changes. Man, what a dream to have the MIDI tracks lined up with all the Elektrons with one pattern change on the Digitakt.

Like I said before, I have a Rytm, Ak and two A4. So before I got the Digitakt, I was using the MPC live or RS7000 for MIDI sequencing my 4 DSI synths and S/S the Elektrons. The Digitakt is a much better overall master device because it can control EVERYTHING.

Thanks for your help bro

This works fine :point_right:t2::point_right:t2::point_right:t2:

In the SRC page, leave Bank empty (X). P-lock PROG for your Trigs with the respective Program number.

For the Bank switch, go to the AMP page and use BSEL LSB (32) for e.g. SEL1.
Go to the FLTR page and P-lock VAL1 with the Bank number (0=A, 1=B, etc.).

Someone who knows the machine figured it out and was helpful!

Thank you to Gearslutz, Jefones and Elektronauts.

3 Likes

I was able to change from Bank A to Bank B by sending program change = 16. Took me to B1 pattern. Sending program change = 15. Took me back to A16 pattern.
Bank A = 0 - 15 (Program change value)
Bank B = 16 - ā€¦

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitakt not sending bank select (patch works)

Hello,
Iā€™m looking for exactly the same thing. My problem :
Strangely enough it seems to work great for bank change, but not program changeā€¦ Program changeā€¦doenst change !
Does somebody knows if there is news about this ?
Is there a program change feature in the AMP page since it seems to work pretty well for bank changes ?
Thank you (Iā€™m very newbie with Digitakt).

Please tell us which instrument you want to control from the DT, and which version number of the firmware your DT has.

Hello Peter, Iā€™m glad you answer me.
Iā€™ve started a New topic if itā€™s ok : Program+bank change issues (Rev2)

1 Like