BAD quality assurance at Elektron?

Octa is €1,449.00 EUR - Bad QC is unacceptable at this price - a premium product should have premium encoders - I have had an A4 arrive with 3 encoders skipping wildly - inconsistent encoder feel and sticking encoders on a Heat - maybe a korg Volca for €150 I’d let pass - but this is taking the piss. Guess they are making room in the market for another innovative company with a quality product to make their mark.

I did! :smiley: My post’s sometimes are only vaguely related! I’m a flippin chatter box, especially after morning coffee, I love to talk about whatever, and this thread needs more comedy relief!
I’ve been a hippie, not been a hippie, been a hippie, etc…
I do offer hippie tech support around my parts… :smile:
I also take showers and don’t smell like patchouli… :joy::joy:

2 Likes

its good to read that qa is improving , both on hardware and hopefully in software/os .
and you being able to respond is a step forward in customer care too.

ive had no issues with digitakt hardware but the OS side has been disappointing , not with the tricky weird bugs that may be hard to recreate , but i think the simple obvious issues annoy me more …issues the average user will find within 10 minutes of turning on the unit.

OS issues on old units i suspect have been acknowledged internally but someone has made a call not to fix it , its not financially viable or technically viable , and may cause more upset if you publicly acknowledge it is not going to be fixed.

there are many well known practices in software development that can be employed nearing a release candidate/public release (paired programming , soak tests, test plans etc)… perhaps i’m off topic as this is software side and i’m sure your team are aware of them too.

as you say , i think judging the success/ failure is difficult if only looking at forum feedback , but the loud minority will have a big impact on perception.

i had to return an sh01a as it was faulty . if theres a quick turnaround/replacement it helps a lot.

Don’t get me started about Freezing and lockouts - cowboys

I’ve also wondered if some retailers are simply reselling the returned/defective units instead of sending them back to Elektron.

2 Likes

Quotes from Moog:

2 Likes

That happens a lot. Especially with niche expensive products. Check serial nos dont match!