BAD quality assurance at Elektron?

You can’t base any statistics on Elektronauts, far from everyone who use our instruments are on this forum.

6 Likes

That’s true to a certain extent. I post the good and the bad about my Elektron units. The Digitakt I bought was a disaster (permanently froze), and my first AR2 was returned due to freezing issues. My A4 has been flawless and my 2nd AR2 has been great (so far).

Oh, and my OG MD has been rock solid for years.

1 Like

Yeah that was an interesting bit of information. I think it’s a mixture of things more than just simplified UX though, like being half the price, and the size. I’m sure they’ll take all into account. There’s definitely a whole bunch of users that prefer the deep stuff

The forum is a sample. Another sample may be less or may be more. But you have to take it on its merit. Id be interested to know if you think 10 percent is highly unlikely?

OT, but that is such a great film, love it :heart:

1 Like

It’s well known knowledge that individuals are more likely to take the time to give negative feedback than positive feedback. This is why voluntary survey is considered mostly useless in statistics.

2 Likes

It is far below 10. You need to also consider that it’s not very common to make a post if you’ve received a perfectly good unit.

Anyway, I’m not trying to say that we don’t have issues - I’m trying to say that it’s not as bad as you might think, and that we are actively working on improving every step of the process.

8 Likes

10% would be very very bad, that means 1 in 10 octatracks would fail, there would be absolute outrage. In an automated assembly I’d be surprised if 1 in 100 would fail and that would only be 1%. Im not gonna pretend I know anything about the production methods elektron use though. Anyway I’m just thinking about how that failing unit ends up in a box on someone’s doorstep, are they not tested?

I knew someone out there in the collective would understand. You have my gratitude!

1 Like

If your happy then QC must be on target. Else youd be losing money.

Bad quality assurance? Take him to Detroit.

1 Like

Users with faulty devices can also concider directly contacting Elektron support. My experience has been exceptionally good with these people.

7 Likes

Well, I guess what’s bothered me the most are the reports of people on their 3rd or 4th unit… I guess what I meant is not to wait for reports of stability/build quality, but rather to stop seeing reports of people on a 3rd or 4th unit, how statistically likely is that if everything is cool? Maybe it was all a bad batch. If everyone’s second unit was fine I wouldn’t have felt and said what I said.
I do like that @Ess chimed in and I believe Simon tells the truth and doesn’t just say things to cover stuff up (as is sometimes suggested :joy:) That makes me feel better about things…

1 Like

After reading Simon’s post I thought I’d share my experience. I just got an Octa mk2 last week and so far its 99.999% perfect. The .001 is two of the smaller buttons to the left of the screen have lettering that is aschew. The buttons themselves are perfectly fine, just the lettering.
Overall, solid machine! Very sorry OP has gotten two bum units but highly recommend the unit overall.

3 Likes

Open a support ticket about it. I’m sure elektron could send you new buttons.

1 Like

When I read about people being on their 2nd or 3rd unit, it concerns me as well. I’m on my 2nd AR2, and it’s been working like a champ, however - if it goes down, I doubt I’ll try a 3rd unit. It will be refund time at that point.

1 Like

That’s where I’m at, I’ll send something back once but probably not again. I have had to send a few things back over the years but all the replacements I still have and run perfectly…

It seems maybe there was a bad run, and some unlucky nauts would return the units to the same place and get a replacement probably from the same bad run… That’s my guess anyway…

I also try not to buy stuff in the first 6 months of availability, cause any manufacturer might need to adjust certain things during the first or second production run…

Yesterday I read “Backpack for Octatrack” as “Black Pearl for Octatrack”… :joy: I never where my glasses…
I really wanted to hear the pirate theme music all Octafied…, Savvy?

b

2 Likes

Theres a police saying.

If it happens once it circumstance
If it happens twice its coincidence
If it happens three times its deliberate.

So is it the dodgy retailer here or the dodgy worker who assembles it?