Bad Gear

raises hand slightly I like the first two korn albums. Also, that snare sound I always hunt for on my synths.
Unfortunately most nu metal is too melodic (in the traditional sense) for me.

Here’s a cool german nu metal song which also has a cool snare.

4 Likes

the least favorite piece of gear i have owned is a Yamaha RM1X, in theory it seems like an awesome groove box, but the programming was so unintuitive and clunky and the sound quality is passable at best.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ve only ever heard praise heaped upon this machine. Demos certainly do sound a bit cheesy though.

I think people are drawn to the sequencer, which unfortunately is the reason i didnt like it, however it does have a lot of cool features that keeps it relevant. I replaced it with an mc303 to easily grab some classic oldschool sounds

1 Like

I’ve posted before. But here’s the breakdown again

• Had two Move208 cases. Faulty. Ruined modules.

• They send me two new PSU and bus boards. Faulty.

• They sent two new Move 208 cases, faulty.

• They sent me a a Structure208, that had power fluctuation issues. They assured me it wasn’t an issue. I was able to test the power with a module I have. Which indicated bad power. They finally admitted they power was shit and was updated in recent cases. They sent me new power.

• I bought a Cell49 that gave me pretty substantial shocks when I touched the metal of the case. Sent back

• got whatever it’s called BBD, super noisy. Returned.

The thing that got me most upset was they insisted all was good…until they finally admitted some stuff wasn’t very good. So, all confidence is gone and have been deemed BAD GEAR in my opin/exp, and will never go near any Pitts products again. [this was 7 years of back and forth, wasted time, with these guys. I just wanted my money back so I good get a good case]

3 Likes

Haven’t logged on in a while, but there was a very similar thread a couple moons ago full of Bad Gear.

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/what-piece-of-gear-did-you-buy-that-you-absolutely-did-not-like/

4 Likes

I had a workmate who I suspected overegged his Scottishness and love of bagpipes. One morning he came into work at the other end of the studio and when he took his headphones off I could actually fucking hear the bagpipes from where I was sitting through his headphones. After that I both feared and respected him.

10 Likes

Wow. Thank you for typing it all up again. That’s shocking in more ways than one.

I’m fidnta read all 902 of these posts real quick. BRB. I know this sounds sarcastic but it’s not at all. Thank you.

Edit: correction, 908.

1 Like

I heard aloud the anger in that statement, although I went with “shite” in my head.

1 Like

Anything can be pretty bad in wrong hands but hard to think of any specific gear without any redeeming value. But if I had to choose from personal experience, this piece of crap takes the cake. It is bit foggy how it ended up to me, I think my ex bandmate scored it from some trade or something. It sounded truly horrible with every single effect it has. Then it got “lost” at some point :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I almost bought one of these at a second hand shop once for like $20. I remember wanting to try the scratch emulator and the filters. I kinda knew it was gonna be crap Lol but I wanted to pick it up anyway. Glad I didn’t spend the $20.

Im not sure if the scratching even worked lol :smiley: The EQ I think worked somewhat ok-ish but the resonance of the filter was kinda ouch. I think my buddy paid something around 20-30e for one back then which is now 10+ years ago. If you get one for that price I mean it is fun for the same amount of time vs money as couple of nice pints in a bar. To add to the pain it is actually somehow bigger than you would think it is, but also feels flimsy af and weights about 20gr. So prob a future classic heh.

1 Like

Well there’s “shite” in my trousers now, so…

2 Likes

Dunno why everyone is having a love affair with this thing lately, but it’s resurgence is completely uncalled for.

9 Likes

I blame Terrence Dixon.

https://www.youtube.com/live/6u3eOGekYic?feature=share

6 Likes

Still one of my favourite hardware sequencers. Super quick to get ideas down, rock solid timing and built like a tank. I had 3 at one point but I’m back down to 2 now.

2 Likes

Okay. To be fair, I had the Volca Modular for too brief of a time to truly judge it’s full scope. As I mentioned in a comment earlier in this thread, it was stolen/left on a train just a few weeks after I got it. I do not doubt that one could pull some beautiful sounds out of it. But I wasn’t able to in my brief time with it. But I’m not really crapping on the Volca Modular as much as I am admiring the meme that does. It’s just such a funny meme, and as Neon Melk confirmed above, even Volca Modular users who like the machine, also agree with the meme.

1 Like

Talking about this?

1 Like

I’m deffo in the wrong forum :rofl:

1 Like