Bacup and restoring entire projects using C6 - How?

My Rytm is defect and has to go to service. Before I send it back for repair, I’d like to do full backups of my projects: sounds, kits, patterns, songs samples and all.

I then go to Global/Sysex dump/Sysex Send/All/Whole Project

Which is being send and received by c6. After having done it for 3 of my projects I decided to check if the backups were “any good”.

I created a new project and send one of the backup’s back from c6 to the rytm.

I first set the Rytm in Global/Sysex Dump/Sysex receive/Anything/Receive Any - And press yes

Then I send the backup sysex file from c6.

Now i expected the project to sound as the project I did the backup on - but alas it does not?
The patterns are there, and some of the sounds, but not all sounds right.
Effects settings has not survived the backup/restore process, no samples where transfered etc.

Am I doing something wrong - Should I go about it in another way?

That’s the way but samples are not included in sysex dumps. As long as you keep the samples on the +Drive it should work.
Getting samples from the Analog Rytm to your computer isn’t possible.

OK, thx for chiming in.

About the samples, I figured as much, but why are all fx-settings and other important settings not being dumped with it?

It’s almost like only the patterns survived the “complete sysex-dump” and the reloaded result sounds nothing like the original?

Are we sure that this actually works with the new OB-firmware?

Could someone please check and confirm perhaps:

1. Make a complete sysex dump of a project
  2. Reload in a new project slot and check if it sounds as the original?

Cheers,
Thomas

Last time I did a restore of a complete project, a couple of weeks ago on the latest AR firmware, the restored project sounded just like it should.
This might be a stupid question but are you sure you saved the project before you sysex-transferred it to your computer?

It’s not a stupid question, but yes I did save, reload and check if the projects sound as they should, and they did.
I did this on 6-7 different projects that I reloaded from earlier. However the result was as described above: not complete backups at all. I wonder what I’m doing wrong if it works with your unit!?

I can’t check anything atm. though, my unit is at service because of random restarts and what not. I doubt these problems has anything todo with my failed backups though. But they were the reason I needed to do backups.

Hmm,

On a related issue with C6, I’ve backed up a project and seem to successfully initiate a Sysex send (from my computer) and receive all on AR MK1. As the transfer progresses, I see that patterns and kits are streaming in, but when the send process is complete, the AR is sat at the screen indicating all the patterns etc. that it’s received, however, when I inspect the memory banks there are no patterns? Before transferring the backup, I initialised a new project figuring that this would then be populated with all the saved data —am I doing something wrong / missing a simple step? Advice on this greatly appreciated.