Backing up sysex questions!

Hello, need to send back my machine and did some sysex backups, my question:

-i have 2 projects with different soundpools, I made copies of both projects, also made a sysex of all my patterns in the first project because I would like to copy some patterns to my second project. BUT…
I think different soundpools = losing your soundlocks when copying to another project? So copying patterns to other projects is useless when you have done some soundlocks?

Is it not possible to copy/save the project to another slot?, I thought when saving a project you are asked where to save it, choosing a new slot will give you a duplicate, cant say for sure that the soundpool goes with it as I hav’nt tried. For sure if you copy/paste a pattern from one project to another it will take on the samples of the new project so I would imagine that any soundlocks you make will no longer apply to the same samples unless your second project has slots that are set up identically to the ones in the pasted pattern.
Is there a specific reason why you need the patterns to be moved to another populated project?.

Yes of course it has a reason! I’m pretty chaotic when creating patches/patterns, I think I need to find some logic! For example made a whole bank of patterns on project1 with the presetsoundpool almost in every pattern, 4 of them are good techno, my second project, 3 patterns techno with drumkit soundpool I’ve made myself. It would be great if all those patterns were in the same project but that won’t work because I’ll lose all soundlocks!

Point is going to try to make some logic in saving patterns so I can try some chaining. One bank is one genre of music would be great, going to do it like that so I can jam for longer times within the same genre or patternbank i’ve made. It’s just that always I want to make something within a certain genre I end up with a total different style because I have so many ideas especially when encountering weird sounds/happy accidents! And also for years I was so stupid of making patterns that can be a whole track on it’s own in one groovebox/machine; drums, synth, noises, etc. I need to think about changing that way, because need to mute lots of things that way, and not good for live jamming.

Going to use for example 4 machines and starting from 4 init/empty patches and build on that, instead of trying to make a whole track in one machine!

1 Like

Maybe try to match the soundpool - would this solve the issue? I have the same problem … so many projects that need to be sorted.

matching the soundpool nah, to much work, although it could work, anyway my machine is in repair so when I get it back I’ll start on a new fresh project again and try to get some logic in all new patterns I’ll make! It’s like my A4, almost on every pattern I have drums from soundpool, the patterns are cool but I don’t use the drumtrack i’ve made that much, mostly I mute them when jamming with other gear, and let MD do the drums or TR8. Anyway it’s so much fun to soundlock drums and perc on DN, it’s almost like a little MD

edit, not relevant