B&H Octatrack Deal $799 (Ended :/ )

not sure if it’s the best deal around but wanted to share it out just in case.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/858268-REG/Elektron_OCTATRACK_DPS_1_Octatrack_Dynamic_Performance_Sampler.html

3 Likes

dang!

There were 2 used ones with “9” condition ratings that were $599. I didn’t get one, but thought hard about it. They are gone now.

1 Like

lol yeah my buddy and I snagged those :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Waiting on Rytm price drop and might bite

I am devastated, I paid full price for 3 of my Elektrons brand new!! To see these prices go down pretty much shows that the quality in their products arn’t much valuable in the sound anymore. Also kills my G.A.S. pretty hard, as i’m not buying anymore gear ever…

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I could probably buy that really cool new synth that I want…

4 Likes

LOL you could buy yourself the new MK2’s!

1 Like

I haven’t been in the gear buying game THAT long. But maybe that cool new Behringer Modal D :slight_smile:

The temptation is real!! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

It’s like I’m entering a beautiful new age of gear(but with no spending money)

2 Likes

Kinda makes one feel like a chump for shelling out 700 more for the mk II

What a great time to buy an octa tho!

2 Likes

Sounds like a win.
You have been cured of GAS.
You should be thanking Elektron

2 Likes

One extreme example does not equal the entire used market. For someone, in this thread even, this was a blessing. :wink:

The purchaser of a depreciating asset should probably count on said asset to depreciate. I think we all know that this is in no way limited to music hardware in general or Elektron in particular. Years ago I got a great deal on a Roland MV-8000 @$2500. Today I can find them used for $350 and yet I still own and enjoy it just the same. I wasn’t ripped off, I own a fantastic instrument that is a joy to use. I have a copy of Ableton Live 1.0, will you be willing to pay me 80% of original retail price for it? I should think not.

3 Likes

musicians friend / guitar center has it for $791

Open box not new. Make sure you ask how much factory warranty is left on those.
Just to make sure people don’t jump too quickly :slight_smile: